Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AT91RM9200-EK
Hello friends,I am having AT91RM9200-EK board and Linux Host with RHEL 2.6.9-5 please help regarding how to setup a developement system for one more thing is how to write device drivers for this...

steps to write drivers for the embedded devices and interfacing with main target board
Hello Friends, Please tell me the procedure to download the software on the embedded target board and also tell me the steps to write the drivers for embedded devices and interfacing them with the...
3
3

Memory Hardware checker on Linux (userlevel) 2.6
hi all, Anybody knows a RAM checker (to check wiring) runnable as user application on embedded linux (2.6 kernel) on XScale? I would need a test that gives significant info on the usability of the...
3
3

SOFTWARE ENGINEER/ CONTRACT/ IN
TOM GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER 419-537-9447 C/C++ -- EMBEDDED SOFTWARE -- CONTRACT We have a nine month contract for a C/C++ Software Engineer. These are the needed skills: C++, Embedded, TCP/IP,...

jvm memory usage on Linux
Hi, I have a program where the main program runs a TimerTask every 10 sec. I have observed that the memory usage when running the commands " top" and "ps -aux" on the Linux box slowly increases. Over...
8
8

RTLinux vs Embedded Linux
Is there any difference b/w the terms Embedded linux and RTlinux. please let me know the answer or any link to clarify this. Thanks in advance for spending u r valuable time.
6
6

BSP
I am having a SCB which is having all USB,serial,parallel,parallel let me know what are all the drivers those will be in BSP of this board for embedded Linux.
1
1

Output not appearing on Minicom
Dear all, I am using the AT91RM9200-EK board for my project. I am using linux 2.6.20 and glibc. I compiled a small hello world program on the host and tried to run it on the board. But when I ran it,...

Global symbol suppression
We have a problem in our particular embedded environment where two application are linked on together on and executed on a linux platform. The compilation tools are also only available on linux. The...
2
2

How to call execve() form a function under linux2.4.x/drivers/char/?
Hi all, I am writing a driver for GPIO device, gpio_int.c, and I put it under / linux-2.4.x/drivers/char. I need to call execve() in a function, v_hwrb_timer_handler() in gpio_int.c: void...
3
3

Porting linux kernel on Windriver SBC 7447 board.
HI guys! I am using kernel 2.6.22 and Uboot to port onto MPC 7447 (processor) based WindRiver SBC 7447 board. I will be using Serial Port Connection to download images onto the board. I hope this...

char device driver and bus ?
hi all, as we known, linux kernel device driver have three layers: bus, device and dirver. but when a char device register, i will added to: chrdevs[MAX_PROBE_HASH] and it seems dont blong to any bus....

File transfer / sharing between embedded linux version 2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux)
Hi, I am trying to share / transfer files between embedded linux version 2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux). What is the best way to achieve this ? Thanks in advance for your time & help. Regards...
2
2

iostat and disk I/O operations
Hello group! With the iostat command I can determine what is the average I/O transfer to the disk or partition. This works fine. But the question is which processes are causing those I/O transfers...
1
1

I'm looking for RTL8187 datasheet.
I'm looking for RTL8187 datasheet. if you happen to have it, please post it or send email to ( i really need to use it to make device driver for a project. please help..
1
1