Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problems building arm-linux-gcj
Hi, I'm trying to use crosstool 0.43 to build arm-linux-gcj from my SUSE 10.3 x86 host. I can build gcc-4.1.0 and glibc-2.3.2 OK but the java classlib fails with an error in one of the .cc files. My...

Newbie crosstool problem
Hi, I have a SUSE 10.3 host running on 32 bit x86 core and I am trying to use crosstool to build a cross compiler for arm-linux. Idownload the crosstool-0.43 archive and unpacked it. I edited my demo-...
3
3

embedded programming
Hello group, What takes to change a career from high-level software programming to embedded programming in Linux? It is a while I have started learning Linux and digital design. However, still not...
3
3

"Instant on" PDA like Linux web pad or tablet PC
Hi! I am looking for a PDA as possible in web pad or tablet PC size, running e.g. with Linux. Do You know a good start for searching on this subject? (I did a lot of research already, but I didn't get...

{commercial} SafeSquid 4.2.1 Released
SafeSquid 4.2.1 is focused on improvisations in logs, and handling of forwarded requests. # Until SafeSquid 4.2.0 SafeSquid needed a restart when the logfiles reached 2GB size. From 4.2.1 this...

Calibration Utility for 3M Touch screen
Hi all, anyone know a Calibration Utility for 3M Touch Screen USB. On the web I' had find package only for serial TS or package for RPM based distro. I want to install it on embedded system based on...
3
3

Job offering for embedded Linux SW developers
Hi everybody, I'm staffing up my team. I'm looking for 2 experienced Embedded Linux SW Developers. These are full time jobs. Location is Vienna / Austria / Europe We're in the Video Broadcast...

Boot Block and Uniform Block Flash Memory and Executin In Place(XIP)
Hi, I understand that boot block Flash Memory have "protected boot blocks" so they can not be erased accidentally unless special functions are used to do that. Further, Top Boot Block Flash memory are...
1
1

mobile linux
Hi, i am new to embedded linux. can anybody help me how embedded linux comes into picture in mobile handset? we are listening linux mobiles means ...........? we use linux in :driver level :middleware...

writing a linker script
hi Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ??? regards techie
4
4

embedded linux board with 802.11 low power
Hi, can anyone recommend a good low power embedded linux single board computer, with an 802.11 card? As well as a motor controller, and a good power supply. This is for a robotics hobbyist, and price...
1
1

kexec/Kdump for linux
Hi all, I see in the linux source - 2.6.22 that there is kexec support in the kernel for ARM architectures. I tried to back port it to a source based off 2.6.10 or earlier. But I also observed that...

Print IP adress
hi all, I am new to blackfin561 in ethernet application I have connected my board(BF561) to my pc in linux environment through the network, I need to get ip adress of my board which is connected to...
3
3

irq 3: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)
Hi all, I have some doubts regarding irq processing. i send the data from our pci driver to our pci hardware based on pci hw interrupts.i am able to send the data over pci bus upto 1min 42 that the...

HPCNCS-08 Call for papers
The 2008 International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking and Communication Systems (HPCNCS-08) (website: ) will be held during July 7-10 2008 in Orlando, FL, USA. We invite draft...