Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Avoid the invocation of default handler
Hi, I understand that if an interrupt occurs , (Reference -> ) the corresponding handler is called. But , if a second interrupt occurs before the first interrupt handler is able to reset the interrupt...
1
1

Embedded board for DAQ
Hello, I'm looking for a small board to make some data acquisition. All I need are at least 4 channels for input (8bit, 5V), one mass- storage, bootable device (CF, MMC, IDE or even USB pen) and one...
4
4

compiling kernel: redboot and uboot
Hi all. I'm trying to compile a bootable kernel via LTIB for a BSP (ADS by Freescale) that recommends the use of RedBoot as bootloader. At the moment I'm using a board (phyCORE) that has uBoot as...
8
8

Early Debug message on MPC8568MDS
Hello, How can I enable the early debug message on 2.6.23 kernel for MPC8568MDS board? What is the first line shall be displayed on the serial port? The board uses the first port of UART, where does...

Cant read from Serial port
Hi every one, I am using an ARM development board from cirrus logic (EDB9302). My program uses a serial port, i tested my program on my PC, which runs on Intel chip and its running fine. The same...
2
2

Improving real-time behavior with kernel drivers
It has been suggested in prior posts that response time and real-time behaviors may be improved by moving a time-critical task into a kernel driver due to the lower latency. An isr was also mentioned...
3
3

configuring telnet for new users
I'm using telnetd available as part of busybox in my system. I'm able to telnet to my system with root username and password. I added few users and tried to telnet using the new username and password,...

How to detect tcp send buffer overflown?
Our product will not send any packets after continuous operation in 24 hours. Run top command, %CPU = 98.8%. CPU most occupied thread is the tcp sending thread. Other threads run normally. So I want...

How to get the pid of thread?
I want to get the pid of the thread created by pthread_create, so that I can know which thread is my working thread in the outputs of ps command.
1
1

Cheap mobile computing...
I just stumbled across these and just had to share what I found. Can be had for $75.00 (USA) Can be had for $90.00 (USA) It's not real clear, unless you dig quite a bit, but the onboard video is...
1
1

Inter-process communication for real-time
For my Arm9 board, my application will have 2 or 3 processes or maybe threads and one of ( pipe, socket, fifo, msg queue or shared memory, or?) to pass data between them. The data is about 100bytes...
6
6

accurate time resolution in ucLinux
I am developing on Moxa ucLinux box (200+mhz arm9), and I need to execute either a process or pthread exactly once every 50ms +- 1ms. I can poll the RTC and get usec resolution times, but I see that...
9
9

Linux Compact Flash Write Filter akin to XPe EWF
Hi, i'm looking for a Linux equivalent of Windows XPe Enhanced Write Filter, which basically will write all system changes to a ram disk which can, if required, be committed to disk by the user via a...
3
3

Wear leveling NOR flashes
Hello. We have a Xscale based board with NOR flash storage. We are working on ways to detect and recover from file corruption and some questions were raised as a consequence of that: 1- Does JFFS2 do...
2
2

Series to Parallel
Hi I need a way to convert an 8bit value from a serial port into an analog value. I am sending samples through the UART in my embedded linux board, at 19200 baud. i need to convert each sample into an...
7
7