Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Restricting USB devices on a per port basis.
Hello. I am working on a linux based device that will have two USB ports physically placed in two different places. One of them is to allow for dumping of recorded data to an external USB storage...
2
2

PC104 bus access problem on Arcom Viper (ARM/Intel XScale pxa255)
I have a standard PC104 rs232 serial card stacked on my Arcom Viper PC104 SBC (single-board-computer) via the PC104 bus. Problem is I am unable to access it like a normal serial port even though I...
1
1

How many packet to transfer 512 bytes in a bulk IN EP from device with MPS = 512?
Hi, Could anybody answer my question: How many packet to transfer 512 bytes in a bulk IN EP from device with MPS = 512? I thought it requires 2 packets, one 512 and the other zero-length packets,...
3
3

Embedded Linux Workshop - a few places left
Hi, there are a few places left for the Embedded Linux Workshop, to be run at the next Embedded Masterclass, Embedded Systems Conference in May. The conference is free to engineers and technical...

hda partition not found
Hi I'm trying to install a minimal Debian system on Axiomtec SBC84500 with a compact flash. It works perfectly with a 256 Mo CF but with a larger CF (1Go), the kernel hang at boot time when searching...

structure of ps/2 keyboard driver
Hello. I'm writing a PS/2 keyboard driver. The keyboard doesn't have a controlling chip, and I use I/O simulation of PS/2 instead. The problem is that the I/O subsystem of kernel 2.6 tells there are...

Shell features in Busybox
My uclinux busybox 1.0 distro comes pre-configured with sh (msh?) as the default shell. I can't seem to find any description of the scripting features of this shell. It seems to be very limited. Is...
1
1

unable to flash bootloader
hi, I work on freescale imx21ads board. Iam trying to use linux bsp and flash it on to board. I have installed bsp onto linux 2.4 kernel. But, when Iam trying to flash bootloader onto board using...
8
8

Beginning Embedded Development
Hi, I will admit it straight off I am a n00b, I have no experience in embedded development what so ever. However I want to learn, if I google it all i get is a load of comerical links that are...
24
24

tool for discovering posix capabilities
Is there a tool or some source I could compile that would tell me all the posix features on that particular system? As I understand it, a system might have compliance to one of three different posix...

What are the options for moving files to an embedded Linux platform?
I have an embedded Linux device and I want to run lmbench on this platform, just wondering what the options are for moving the lmbench bundle to the Linux device. As the Linux is a minimum...
1
1

rsyncing a file
Hi, I would like to rsync a file not using ssh by rsync and have tried following: [little client] reg@NovaxPRG-T1111:/usr/share/NovaxTSP$ rsync --password-file=pwd log_record...

Delays imposed by console connection
I am trying to understand what the impact is when using the console for error reporting, and what might be the best method for obtaining run-time debug info. For example many embedded boards use an...
7
7

Best Emb-distro for Arcade Games
Hello, I need to install a Linux Embedded distribution that simply launch an application for an Arcade game from a compact flash on Via Epia board...whitch distribution/docs I need? Thank alot!
2
2

Some one use a embedded browser before?
what's the best browser in embedded system? I mean open source browser.
2
2