Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

USB device controller driver for ISP1161A
Can anyone give me a hint about where to find some drivers for the NXP Philips ISP1161A/ISP1181 USB DEVICE CONTROLLER (not for the USB HOST CONTROLLER) or how to start implementing it? Thanks a lot in...
1
1

usb hotplug problem on s3c2440 / kernel 2.6.24
hi all, I'm using Linux 2.6.24 on SamSung S3C2440 chip. I got a problem of USB, hotplug seems not working. ( after plug in my usb pen drive, there's no sd* or hd* in /dev ) I guess the problem might...

Xenomaï & Coldfire
Hi all ! Somebody has heard something about port of Xenoma=EF on Coldfire ? Thanks for information, Pk

kernel panic on mounting romfs
I am running embedded uClibc on a 5208 Coldfire board. NFS mounting of the filesystem works, but not when it has to boot entirely out from flash. Any help is appreciated. uClinux/COLDFIRE(m520x)...
1
1

Is initrd enough?`
Hi, I am currently setting up a system to be used on small form-factor x86-ba= sed machines as data-collection terminals. They will be connected to custom hardware on site and to the internet (via...
4
4

Force to load the module
Hi, I understand from the man page of insmod that it is not possible to force insmod if the symbol names in the module do not match the kernel. But, Is it possible to force the loading of the modules,...
2
2

Which vendor? Montavista or Wind River
We're planning on moving from an in-house linux bsp to some vendor supported commercial version, due to the need to outsource any startup problem for our projects. We evaluated both Montavista and...
7
7

Limiting ramdisk size
Hi. Is there a way to limit the size of the RAM mounted as tmpfs? I tried through the kernel configurator but it does not offer any option for this. A coworker has performed some search in the net...
1
1

pthreads and number of processes in uClinux
I noticed that when I had a simple non-threaded app, I would see a single process in the $ps listing whenever it ran. Now that I have an app that creates a single helper pthread, $ps shows three...
2
2

[Commercial] Linux System and Kernel Programming: Hands-On Training from Experts
Hello All, Linux System and Kernel Programming are an intensive hands-on course designed by Concepts Systems to provide a detailed examination of each topic. These modules enable professionals and...

Embedded Box with simple alphanumeric Display?
Hi there, while there are several very cheap (down to 25 Euros) embedded linux systems (usually sold as SOHO Routers) with ot without Wireless LAN. None of them does usually have any kind of display....
2
2

Install a Linux system on a LG KS20
Greetings, I would like to collect some informations about installing or using Linux on a cellular-phone device (LG KS20). The motive is purely educational (Self pride and such...). Is there a project...
2
2

Linux on RAM
Hi, I'm working on testing a Linux system on coldfire 5485. I have the Freescale BSP, based on 2.6.10 kernel, and an evaluation board for 5485. until now, I have work with root filesystem on NFS or on...

porting java to linux on embedded platform
Hi all, We have got a project where we need to port client portion of standard TR069 to a target board with ST7109 processor running on linux2.2 one in the past have developed a simulator version of...
1
1

arp_create arguments
I am writing a Linux 2.6.10 device driver running on an MPC8248 processor and am having difficulty sending an ARP response to the kernel. #1 sent an ARP request to #2. #2 responded back to #1 with...