Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Filesystem to use on compact flash card.
Hi All, I am working on a new embedded Linux project. We are using compact flash to store the whole OS image and a writeable partition for storing certain logged information. All other partitions on...
14
14

x86 kernel with bios assumptions
Can anyone point me to a kernel for x86 arch that doesn't make any assumptions about a bios being present? My embedded platform has an x86 processor but no std bios so the kernel dies right away...
3
3

To develop a set-top-box-like device for online movie playing
I am planning to develop a set-top-box-like device for online movie playing. The system has these features: 1. High quality movie play back on big screen TV 2. fast internet data transferring speed 3....
5
5

Any low cost solution for flash programming on PowerPC 405GP JTAG?
[Test] I am trying to use a real news server rather than posting from Sorry for repeat posts if you did not filter it before. I wonder in order to avoid treating as SPAM, should I assign email address...
2
2

[Not SPAM]Any low cost solution for flash programming on PowerPC 405GP JTAG?
@_@ Why my post is filtered along with other damn SPAMs... Howdy, I have a PowerPC 405GP Walnut eval board. Recently, by accident, the flash which stores U-Boot is corrupted. Therefore the board...
1
1

Adding Patches to U-boot
Hi all., I m newbie to linux and u-boot(boot loader). I want to add patches to u-boot to particular arch and i dont know where to get the patches and how to add the same to u-boot.. kindly help out...
2
2

Online or Fort Collins/Denver-local embedded linux training?
Help! I'm having no luck trying to find a place that offers good online or local to Fort Collins, CO (north of Denver) area embedded linux training. My background has quite a bit of embedded...

Unable to boot linux kernel 2.4 for imx21ads through NFS
hi, We have a linux kernel 2.4 based BSP provided by freescale, for imx21ads. The host is fedora core 5. we are able to build the image and root filesystem using ltib. we are able to boot the Image...
15
15

sk_buff & DMA
I am having difficulty DMA'ing into sk_buffs. I have DMA code that works except when the destination is the data buffer in an sk_buff. No transfer error is reported in the status register but the...
2
2

which is the hottest field in Embedded systems ,currently in market.
I Want to know , which is the hotest field in Embedded systems ,currently in market.( In terms of salary). The same thing i want to know for Linux based Embedded system,field.

Problem using crosstool for powerpc-750 and gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2
Hi everybody, I wanted to build the gcc compiler 3.3.2 with glib-2.3.2 for powerpc-750 and used Dan's crosstool-0.43. After modifiying the "demo- " script using TARBALLS_DIR=/home/stephan/downloads...
1
1

Which way is the best choice to co-exist Windows and Linux ?
Hi I've known many ways to co-exist Windows and Linux : 1. I can use VMWare or Microsoft VPC . 2. I can use Cygwin or coLinux . 3. I can use boot manager to divide HD partitions for each system . How...
3
3

Should we study circuitry?
Hi Should embedded BSP or driver engineer study circuitry for driver development, or it is hardware engineer work only ? Thank you

Jungo's driver toolkit ..
Hi I see Jungo's toolkit can support Linux, Solaris and VxWorks. Do you think it is worthy of study much more convenient than modify standard driver ? Is there other good driver Toolkit in the market...

Where/when is /dev populated?
I have an openwrt dist with kernel 2.6.21 and busybox 1.4.2. I don't get the permissions I want on some device nodes in /dev. Although I can change those in an rc script, it would be nice to get the...
6
6