Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Virtual Memory
I read in the Linux Kernel/Device driver books that the address space of even a single process can be much larger than physical memory. If this is true and and if there are more than one process that...
4
4

PPC440EPx skips instruction...
Hi all, I have a rather interesting problem with a PPC440EPx-based system. I've localized the problem down to a single instruction in a function prologue that stores the return address to the stack:...

USB - SCSI Passthrough
First the kernel level I have to deal with is 2.6.13, and since it is part of our embedded build it can not be upgraded. With that said, I have searched high and low for a simple way, from userspace,...

Question on using mmap to access physical memory
Hi, I am pretty new to linux and i have a few questions about an approach for an NVRAM driver. We have 4 segments of memory that are attached to our processor via TI's EMIF (external memory...
2
2

Quesion on Startup and Initialization
I have a need to do some one time initialization of a device over i2c after a reset. I am curious as to how the best way to handle this in embedded linux (or linux for that matter). It has to be done...

Resource file format
Hi, What do the pci resource files represent such as: /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:00.0/resource ? I have the MindShare pci book.
1
1

Europe's Best Computer Enthusiast Website, Eurotechzone is now Open!
to the computer enthusiasts from all over the world, Eurotechzone is Europe=92s first multi-lingual website on hardware news&reviews. In this site you will find: =95 The hottest news from IT Bussiness...
1
1

handling bad blocks on flash
Hi, I'm interested to know how bad block handling mechanism works on flash devices in Linux. When data found found to be recoverable via ECC check, does it still need to be relocated to a good flash...
1
1

poisoned "malloc"
Hi there, I was trying to build a gcc cross toolchain for v850-elf. Following the advices on I failed compiling the gcc with the following error message: ----------------------- c-parse.y:312.11-65:...

[Commercial]: Linux Device Drivers:Where the Kernel Meets the Hardware
Hello All, For a non-programmer, these issues are mysteries: the system that never makes mistakes is full of problems, and who knows why? System Programmers, on the other hand, are familiar with the...

Another beginner needs help with the hardware side of things
Hi everyone, So, I've got an idea for an embedded linux box (who doesn't?) but I'm a complete novice when it comes to embedded anything. I'm a programmer/ linux-in-general kind-of-guy though. So, I...
1
1

Toronto, Canada - Embedded Software Developer (OpenGL)
What they will offer you: One of the best reasons to consider working at this company is the sheer diversity of their business and the level of experience, market- wide, you will gain. Not only will...

powerPC linux boot sequence
Any can help me to find the boot sequence of powerPC 83xx of linux kernel after the bootloader transfer control to kernel.. Please help me....

embedded linux for starters
hi i'm new to linux embedded what OS you suggest to install on my pc what about RTOS-32 thanks
5
5

uClibc configuration to run gdbserver
I saw a note in the Configure.help file from uclinux saying: CONFIG_USER_GDB_GDBSERVER gdbserver is used to remotely debug user applications running on the server. ** NEED TO ENABLE...