Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

gSoap 2.7.11 and Kernel Version...
Hello everyone, for a new project my firm is starting I am evaluating some SOAP compliant client/server libraries. I came across gSoap 2.7.11 which seems to work quite well for our needs... Now the...

did anyone know howto auto mount the u disk in embedded linux system
if I insert a U-disk into the device, How can I know the U-disk had inserted? Thank you!
2
2

failed to mount file system on boot
I have just build Linux 2.6.26.5. I am using Grub to boot it. When the kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. My grub bootline looks like this : /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.5 ro root=/dev/sda1 Any...
2
2

malloc causes SIGSEGV signal with SEGV_MAPERR si_code
In my application, after it runs for about 3 hours, I am getting SIGSEGV signal with an si_code of SEGV_MAPERR (address not mapped to object) when it tries to do a malloc of 65536 bytes, which it does...
7
7

BUG_ON in __get_vm_area_node
Why is the assertion BUG_ON(in_interrupt()) in __get_vm_area_node? I have been getting this assertion after running my application for several hours. Any ideas what may be the cause? I am running...

Urgent openings for Microsoft Technologies Bangalore
Hi All, Currently we do have Urgent openings with my Company (A World Leading Product Based Companies), located in Banalore/ Hyderabad/ Chennai/ NCR/ Pune. we are looking for the following skill sets...

jffs2 question
Hi, When i write to a file which is on JFFS2 file system with a C function, can I reboot the system immediately after having closed the file by C function ? Or in other words, at which moment Linux...
4
4

mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs
Hi, I am using multiple USBs in small Linux embedded system. whenever I plug-In USB mdev creating the node in any of sd[a-z][1-9]. I want to map the each USB to my desired name. As of now I am using...
2
2

Atmel NGW100 - Linux and other OSs, and debugging?
I'm getting a freebie Atmel NGW100 Network Gateway Kit shortly, and I had a few questions. I plan to use the board to learn embedded Linux, and also learn some other OSs like FreeRTOS and uC/OS-II,...

ARM Linux driver : how to write to a physical address?
Hi All, I'm writing a device driver for an ARM based board (Cirrus EP9302). One of the functions of the driver is to be able to write values to the address 0x23800000. How do you actually write to a...
6
6

Full time for Embedded linux consultant
Hi, We do have full time position for embedded linux in NJ =B7 Preferably 10+ years of experience =B7 Bachelors in Electrical engineering =B7 Strong Embedded / Linux 4 SAM ( flavors ) Experience =B7...

Emulator
Hi All, Can you all suggest me some embedded linux(2.6) platforms like Arm, POWERPC and a suitable emulator to learn the idea of embedded linux. Thanks
3
3

IMX 31 phytec hardware not booting up showing kernel panic
Dear all, I am using a iMX 31 phytec development board with linux as target and a x86 machine with 10.2 suse linux as host platform. The target is booting up successfully with the original image . I...
2
2

Instruction dump?
Can someone please explain the contents of the instruction dump in an a Linux OOPS, or have a reference which does so? How does one go about using it in debugging? For instance, I have the following...
4
4

Changing default for dirty_expire_centiseconds
The default value for dirty_expire_centiseconds is 3000. How can it be changed? Changing it after boot in the proc filesystem does not have any effect. Where in the code is the value 3000 set? I am...