Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

connecting from usb to serial problem
Hi, I have a ppc (405 ep) based chamelon dev kit. I wanted to re-use it after long time ago. First i noticed that i do not have a serial interface on my board, so i bought serial-to-usb connector,...
3
3

Development sw for DVD player boards ?
Hi All, DVD player "mother boards" seems to have a nice configuration, enough to support RTOSes. Is there any DVD player boards with opensource programming support ? Boards using SPHE8202. etc have a...

memory mapped devices
My question is how linux deals with memory cache . When we have a memory mapped device, for example, at address 0x???????? The only thing I need to do to get the virtual adress is ioremap(0x????????),...
3
3

[RFC] toolchains for cross compiling and building environments
Hi to all, I see there are at least three toolchains for cross compiling and building environment projects - buildroot: - scratchbox: - open embedded: Someone is interested in comparing and/or have a...
4
4

Maximum file system space accessed by ARM 32 bits processors
I have an embedded linux system running on an ARM processor on 32 bits from Arcom (ICE Viper). This system is able to access an external compact flash (CF). Currently the size of CF is 2GB. I need to...
1
1

Sending mail via esmtp + exim configuration
Hi, I am having diffuculty in sending mail via esmtp. I have esmtp and libesmtp in my device. When even i type sendmail in command prompt its says Exim configuration file /etc/exim/ has the wrong...

HPCNCS-09 call for papers
HPCNCS-09 call for papers The 2009 International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking and Communication Systems (HPCNCS-09) (website: ) will be held during July 13-16 2009 in Orlando,...

cross-compiler
Hi, I would like to use my slackware 11.0 I486 system as a platform to build embedded software and linux kernels. Currently my system does not support any cross compiler options for other processors....
6
6

NGW100 - store root and /usr images for later restore
I was recently given an Atmel NGW100 board (AVR32) and have been learning about it. I have gotten to the point where I can load root and /usr images to the board and run them. What I need to do now is...
2
2

Control 3.5" TFT LCD TOUCH of Doshiba ?
What I want to do is to mount the 3.5" TFT LCD TOUCH of Doshiba on ARM board. The model number of this LCD is LTA035B0Q0A. So that. I have to make a driver, but I don't know how to control this LCD....

find Device Driver TFT LCD lta035b0q0a toshiba, please
hi. i dont speek english... sorry.. but, i find data, no datasheet... is device driver. , please.... thanks, too..
6
6

A solution not to do dependency check?
In my Makefile, there is the following target such as "config". ... config: @make -C ./config || exit $? ... but, there is a directory the same as "config" for name. So, if I try to make as "make...
2
2

Finding device node from vendor/product id
Hi all, Given a vendor and product id, is there a way to find out which device node is refers to this peripheral? Cheers, Danny.
1
1

Broadcom 4318 encryption in software?
I am looking for a method of performing AES encryption in software with a Broadcom 4318 chipset. Typically the NIC performs encryption. I need to disable the NIC encryption so that it can be done in...

ElectricFence Exiting: mprotect() failed: Cannot allocate memory
I am using electric fence 2.1.13 to try to find a memory allocation problem that occurs after my application runs for about 3 hours. When I link to the electric fence library, I get "ElectricFence...
23
23