Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Industry oriented & certified Embedded Training on 8th May 09
Are you worried about slowdown and not able to decide what to do? It is the right time to enhance your skills in line with your area of interest & background. So don=92t wait till the market improves,...

Linux Input Driver question
Hi I want to write some ap to read / write and io control input driver, is it possible ? How can I access an input driver, can I use fopen / read / write , is there some good sample ? Thank you .
1
1

How to excute shell command and return result string ?
Hi I remember here is some C function which can excute shell command and return the result string . If I give a string call "ifconfig" , the result string will contain network IP information . Do you...
2
2

UK Embedded Masterclass - 7th and 12th May - Cambridge and Bristol
Hi, just to let you know that we are running the Embedded Masterclass again this. Thanks to all of you that supported it last year. We are re-running the Embedded Linux workshop, as we were...

Regarding test coverage tool....
Hello Everyone, I'm novice user. in my current project, we are porting uC-OS II to target (arm board) for testing firmware code. aim of our project is to ensure the quality and performance of firmware...

cross Development for GUI apps ?
Hi I want to cross develop app with a graphical user interface , target platform is ARM (at91sam9263) I heard about wxWindows, are there other alternatives ? pro/contra ?
2
2

Video for Linux (V4L2)
Is there any good documentation on V4L2 to understand the V4L architechture and working? Thanks in advance.
1
1

SBC based on Atmel AT91SAM9261S
The SBC9261-I is a low power, high performance single board computer based on Atmel AT91SAM9261S ARM926EJ-S microcontroller intended for applications like HMI (Human Machine Interface), data...

Serial to UDP
Hello I am trying to get a serial to UDP conversion implemented in LINUX using perl. Most applications treat the incoming stream as line by line and require a carriage return to process. I have had a...
1
1

usb stick, and file system (vfat vs ext3)
hi, experts: i am new to linux . and i found a straight phenomenon: i have a usb stick (4GB), it's in USB 2.0 , its R/W speed is slow when i format it with ext3 but , when i format it with vfat , its...
4
4

build kernel and rootfs , now what ?
Hi After building a first kernel image and booting it : apex> boot ARCH_ID: 390 (0x186) ATAG_HEADER ATAG_MEM: start 0xc0000000 size 0x02000000 ATAG_MEM: start 0xc4000000 size 0x02000000 ATAG_CMDLINE:...
6
6

building kernel for ARM target
Hi I downloaded the kernel 2.6.16 , and applied the patches for the lh7a404 how does make knows that the target is ARM when i run make ? I see it compiling all kind of i386 related files when i run...
1
1

Custom Initramfs image with nfs support
Hello all, I'm using a custom initramfs image as this is the most efficient solution for my setup. But by using a custom initramfs image I lose the original initramfs code that is included in the...

Who helps me with LogicPD LH7a404 module ?
Hi i want to run linux 2.6.x on a module based on the LH7A404. I already downloaded the kernel 2.6.22 and the patches from I have the APEX bootloader sources. What else do i need to install on my...

On 2.6 kernel, about DISCONTIGMEM issue
2.6 kernel DISCONTIGMEM issue There is a trouble wanted to ask for help,in linux 2.6, On ARM9 board, the physical memory DDR-SDRAM have four banks, it's total 256MB,decode of hw...