Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Regd head.S
Hi, Eager to know the use of head.S file. As far i understand by looking into the head.S file, it does the following - - head.S contains the 32-bit startup code. - Clear BSS - Do the decompression,...
1
1

interfaces on network switch
Hello As I understand typically the Layer2 switch may have one MAC address shared by its every port (MAC address isn't necessary for frames forwarding, but is for management functions). I would like...
15
15

webif on sheevaplug
webif on sheevaplug build opkg package for kirkwood glibc 2.6.x linux 2.6 install/force opkg on sheevaplug. seems to coexist with apt-get but it may get confusing. install uci libuci haserl ( these...

Alternative to background execution in Linux
Hi, I would like to run one application initially . After 10 seconds, i would like to execute the second application from the shell. Let the applications be named as Application_1 and Application_2....
3
3

RS485 issue on Linux
Dear everybody, I'm working on a device running Linux embedded. The device owns a serial port which can act as RS485 half-duplex or RS485 full-duplex. The port SUB-D connector has two wires dedicated...
11
11

Spanning-tree Protocol implementation
Hello Linux kernel has its own implementation of the spanning tree, it comes along with the bridge functionallity. Many Layer2 switch vendors ship their SDK (full sources, inlcuding Linux kernel),...
2
2

CONFIG_HZ_1000 vs. CONFIG_HZ_250
I have changed my Linux 2.6.26 configuration from 250 HZ to 1000 HZ to get more samples when using oprofile in timer interrupt mode. Besides increasing the number of timer interrupts, are there other...
3
3

Feedback about Leon3/V8 procesor/boards?
Hi folks, Anyone using Leon3 processor/boards/toolchain? TIA Cheers, JJ

adder875 boot fail
Hi there, I have a adder875 board and I am trying to run linux 2..6.30 on it. However, the kernel can't bootup and fails at head_8xx.S. I've traced the code down and found it fails at the following...
2
2

mmap returning MAP_FAILED
I am running Linux 2.6.26 on an MPC8248. In my application, mmap is returning MAP_FAILED. The arguments to mmap are start = 0, length = 2680, prot = 3, flags = MAP_SHARED, fd = 5, offset = 0. errno =...
7
7

The Six Periods of the Creation
There is absolutely no ambiguity whatsoever in the Biblical [ The Biblical description mentioned here is taken from the so-called Sacerdotal version discussed in the first part of this work; the...
1
1

Richard Stallman On FOSS GNU And Freedom
Richard Stallman On FOSS GNU And Freedom: Hope This Helps :)

check conformity with FTP's standard
Hi. I have FTP server working on Pure-FTPd deamon. I want check conformity with FTP's standard and i want to do it automatically. Do You know some aplication for that? Please help.

exporting symbol problem
Hi all, I am using fedora linux 2.6.9-1.667 for developing kernel module . i am exporting one function by using export symbol from one module and trying to call that exported function in to second...

Issue #3 of of Opensourc3 magazine is available
Opensourc3 is a magazine dedicated to Unified and Cloud Computing using open source technologies. It is published on a monthly basis. This issue loooks at: - KaOS- a new Open Source Hypervisor and...