Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

online updates of flash card images
Does anyone have any suggestions for a method of updating flash card images over a network? I'm using a non-standard distribution of linux, which uses the syslinux boot. My code image will be about 2...
10
10

jffs2 corruption on busy local bus.
Did anyone encounter something like the following: I have a system with linux accessing jffs2 nand via a busy local bus. I run into one of the three: random file corruption, magic bit mask 1985 not...
1
1

race condition in char driver
I'm implementing a character driver simulating of MDIO/MDC functionality (IEEE 802.3 clause 22) with GPIO pins; so what I do is write/read to/from GPIO registers. The driver will provide /dev/my_dev,...
9
9

uClibc: undefined reference to `_dl_loaded_modules'
I am trying to create a cross-toolchain (--host=x86_64 --target=arm) to work with cpu arm920t, arch armv4t and as usual at this kind of work, I am finding a lot of problems. Some of them I found a...

gnu gcc and as
I am using a GNU cross-compilation tool chain. The problem I have is that, this tool chain, contain two AS command, one is AS other is AS.xxx. I am kind new to AS. In the past, when I compile a...
2
2

VDC is Interested in Your Engineering Experiences
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution...

Not able to change baud rate
Hi all, I have a video streaming device running Linux. when i change the baud rate using the 'stty' command,it changes temporarily for few seconds. Then again it changes to 115200 automatically....
2
2

Root filesystem builder
Hello, I'm looking for the easy way to build my own root file system. Can you recommend any tools (maybe with GUI as QNX Momentics i.e.) which help to choose and build particular parts of root file...
1
1

AD7793 Spidev1.1 increasing delay length
Hello All! I'm trying to read back all of the registers from a AD7793 which is on a custom board. I've been successful reading back most of them, however, on a couple of registers bit 1 is incorrect....
1
1

Difference?
Between ordinary Linux and embedded Linux? Esp in the context of a machine that is not resource limited eg built around commercial mobo with a gig of DRAM and CF for HDD
19
19

Embedded Industry Expert Opinions Needed
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution...
1
1

Moon on a stick
From a total noob... What I'm looking for is a Linux image with Wine on a disc. Put it into a drive and it sets itself up neatly on the h/w. Just like putting XP on a new machine (except easier). I'd...
3
3

Re: a.out and ELF file formats
I knew that.... But only because I have your book! The second book I have with that title....!

ucLinux on Coldfire 5213
Hi, I'm looking at running uCLinux on a netburner 5213 (coldfire 5213 uC core), does anyone have any experience or heard of anyone who has successfully got this sort of configuration up and running?...

How does kernel know where to find the root file system?
Dear all, As I know, the boot up procedure is 1. Power on 2. Bootloader( Uboot) 3. Enter kernel At step 3, kernel will find and execute the 1st program "init" in the root file system to bring up the...
1
1