Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

memory footprint of openvpn
Hi, I am trying to put openvpn into an embedded linux box. After having configured and compiled openssl and openvpn, it works fine. BUT the memory footprint ist quite large compared with the...

Embedded Systems with onboard FPGA and 802.11bg WiFi
Hi All, I'm looking for a small embedded computer on-a-board system for a final year university project on Swarm Robotics. I have Googled around the Internet for quite sometime and while I have come...
4
4

librt.so fails to load
Hello all, I'm using uClibc-0.9.29 for ARM. I compiled and loaded PHP which requires When ldso tries to load it fails with "Can't modify 's text section. Use GCC option -fPIC for shared objects,...

stdout on ttySX for the first userspace program
Hello, I'm working on an embedded kernel for PowerPC 460 (board like amcc canyonland). I'm compiling for ARCH=powerpc and I'm using the DTS methode (not the kernel wrapper, uboot is in powerpc with...
1
1

Ethernet switch chips
Hi, We are putting together a card using an iMX processor which will be running Linux. I expect that much of the design will be similar to Freescale's cards. One difference is that we want to use an...
4
4

switching console to fbcon
Hej! I'm working with a mp5200-based board which is equipped with a vga display. Framebuffer console is enabled in the kernel and works if enabled via commandline. During development I have used a...

How to get ip address from C application
I'm interesting how to get IP address from C application. I've used gethostname() and gethostbyname() in my application. I've edited /etc/hosts file to add board's hostname and IP address. My board is...
4
4

need advice on driver's design
Hello, I'm about to write a software implementation of MDIO interface, it will be based on two GPIO pins, one is for clock and the other is for data. The utlimate purpose will be to have a control...
3
3

How to access MII management bus from userspace?
I'm trying to write a user-space app to access devices on an MII management bus (MDIO/MDC) associated with an Ethernet controller. I'm using code copied from mii-tool, but the method used by mii-tool...
2
2

Building an Embedded/Device or Software? Tell VDC about your experiences for a chance to WIN!
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution...

ARM PL180 SD/MMC controller Help
Hello, I am porting ARM PL180 SD/MMC controller. Its is working fine in initialization, Read OCR, CSD etc. It also reads the block fine. Its write block works fine for some blocks but then i receive...

Android Linux Hawkboard goes on sale for $89
Android Linux Hawkboard goes on sale for $89 -------------------------------------------- "A spinoff of sorts from the BeagleBoard project, but with no direct sponsorship from TI, hosts an open source...

Embedded GUI
If you are looking for and embedded GUI for Linux then Crank Software's Storyboard Suite is worth your time to take a look at. It supports fbdev, directfb, and SDL and doesn't require an X server....
1
1

Special session on the 17th Mixdes: High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation
[ Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies. ] This year Department of Microelectronics and Computer Science at Technical University of Lodz, Poland ( in collaboration with HiPEAC (...

Chinese 7in ARM Netbook
I've been looking at these Chinese 7" netbooks with an ARM processor that can be found at eBay here: They're a generic EPC OEM and they don't have a brand. However, these things have been selling...
1
1