Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PREEMPT_RT patched linux boot up problem
Hello, I=92ve been using buildroot kernel on a AT91RM9200 board and it has been working well. Recently I applied kernel PREEMPT_RT patch to get better interrupt latency and rebuilt the kernel. The...
2
2

yaSSL at ESC Silicon Valley 2011
Hi! yaSSL will be exhibiting at ESC Silicon Valley, May 2-5, 2011 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA. We'll be talking about several topics - including securing your applications and...

AT91RM9200 usart interrupt latency is too long
I use two USARTs on AT91RM9200 (running linux built by Buildroot) to send and receive data packets of variable length (typical 513 bytes). Each USART is set to 485 mode and baud rate is 250K. Between...
1
1

replace busybox wget with wget
Hello, hi all I want to use wget insted of Busybox wget(v1.16.1). In my application I want to use wget -nc option in order to resume download and prevent it from redownloading the file which are...
12
12

Develop Software or Systems? Receive Guaranteed $10 or have $10 donated to FIRST; Chance to Win an iPad 2
VDC is conducting its annual survey of embedded engineers, and if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/ software, this is your chance to influence key embedded solution...

Call for speakers & Vendors: FPGA Camp, Silicon Valley, CA - Apr'6 2011
Announcing the next FPGA Camp on Apr'6 2011 visit more details. TOPIC: EMBEDDED PROCESSORS IN FPGA - FPGA CAMP, SILICON VALLEY FPGA Camp is a conference, which brings engineers together to discusses...

[ANN] CodeSynthesis XSD/e 3.2.0 released
Hi, I am pleased to announce the availability of CodeSynthesis XSD/e 3.2.0. CodeSynthesis XSD/e is an open-source (GPL2 + free/commercial proprietary licenses), dependency-free XML Schema to C++...

Reading power PC MPC 8260 program counter (Next Instruction address)
Hello, Please can somebody let me know how to read power PC 8260 program counter using C program (Using asm directive). Thanks, Rajesh
20
20

hai guys

JFFS2 debugging tools needed
Hello, I have NOR flashes with JFFS2 file system on them. One of the files has a bad data crc and I need to determine if the failure is a result of software or hardware. I don't have access to the...

Remotely write to flash?
I have found that I can avoid the long JFFS2 scan in U-Boot if I write my kernel image (uImage) to a specific address in flash and using this address in my boot command rather than putting uImage in...
2
2

CF/SD flash filesystem
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what state of the art linux filesystem/scheme I could use, if I have to use CF or SD card and primary storage. Part of my dataset rarely changes and I can make a read-only...
3
3

Erase Block Summary (EBS) without mkfs.jffs2 & sumtool?
Is it possible to add Erase Block Summary (EBS) informations to a JFFS2 filesystem without having to create a JFFS2 image and using sumtool? I am trying to speed up my JFFS2 mount time. Currently, I...

Prefered hardware
I've been using TS-7260 from and wafer based motherboards from but I'm wondering what embedded hardware you are using. We are looking for a new device, preferrable already buildin in a box. Any...
1
1

Setting a global variable into a thread
Hi I have a global variable (my_var) initialized to zero and from the main thread another thread is created which only sets the global variable to one. After creating the secondary thread, the main...
16
16