Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EtherCAT protocol questions
I apologize if my query id off-topic here, as I could not find a suitable newsgroup to post to. I am interested in the details of the frame structure of the EtherCAT protocol. I visited but the...
2
2

Artila M-508 (and M-502)
I'm writing an snmp agent (i.e., snmpd) for the M-508 and the M-502. Are there any good manuals (beyond the M-508 quick start guide) for these boards? thanks! -- pete

Flash image on Telit GE863-PRO3 without XFP?
Hello! I have only a Linux workstation here. Is there a way to install a (Linux) flash image as provided by Telit on an GE863-PRO3 without using their XFP tool? Klaus

Package requirements for gui on target
Hi all, If I have an embedded system where no framebuffer is installed, but I want to develop an application with a Qt GUI strictly for the purpose of viewing it via a ssh connection (i.e "ssh...

about camera scene mode in android
Hi, how to accomplish the scene mode in camera app in android, just like night /snow /candlelight mode ,etc. In the app UI , there already exists the Scene Mode function, i need to process the camera...

UK Embedded Masterclass - 5th October
Just to let you know about the Embedded Masterclass - Cambridge 5th Oct Useful workshops, technical presentations and exhibition of tools, hardware and software. regards Richard
1
1

Is FORTH waxing or waning in the embedded world ?
Sounds like a Troll me me Jason
3
3

Gdb failed to create new inferior - MIPS, Linux
Hello, I am using GDB 7.3 debug multi process application on remote MIPS target, linux kernel 2.6.18.8 I am running the main process from GDB. This process forks and executes some other processes but...

AMD engineering event in Markham Canada respond quickly if interested
AMD is planning an Engineering invitation only interview event in support of some of our new and exciting lines in Markham Canada. These positions are in the areas of : =95 Design (ASIC, Physical...

Message Queue for high performance system
We are planning to use around 100 message queues in a high performance system for IPC. And the messages used are of fewer bytes in sizes. Would like to know if there any limitations or caveats in...
1
1

Another post about V4L, ARM and OpenCV on another embedded platform
As you might of guess, I'm having some issues getting the above to play nicer together. Before I get to the details of my problem, and for the benefit of other who may google this post looking for...

drivers for PCI FPGA Wishbone, DTS
Today, we have a product with a AMCC 440ep processor, and linux 2.6.32 built for PowerPC platform (44x). On the OPB (processor's bus) we have an FPGA with many functions (bus Wishbone): - Led...

Altering behaviour of ALT Key in linux
Hi, I want to alter the functionality of ALT key for qwerty keypad in ubantu 10.10. My requirement is i have numeric's 1,2,3,4,... etc on keys q,w,e,r,...as secondary keys. For these numerics i have...

Own OS on routerboard in NAND space
Hi, I want create my own linux distro from scratch, and I dont know how install its on routerboard (mikrotik) in NAND space, I don't want install it on CF /SC, I wantboot from NAND, How do this? How...

Reuse of spi_transfer and spi_message structures for cyclic communication with SPI devices?
Hi, I'm writing a device driver for data acquisition system using A/D converters connected via SPI interface. To allow flexible ordering of received data, the content of spi_transfer structures ans...