Low cost, low bandwidth powerline communication

Folks... Does anyone know of a low cost low bandwidth ac powerline transmission alternative to X10 ? I'm trying to do some very low, non-critical coordnation between some simple line connected microcontroller apps.. and I'm too cheap to spring for the $20 TW 253 tranceivers that X10 requires. The units only have to receive signals.. total bandwidth could be as low as 50bps. Ideally I need the parts price to be < $10. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks !

-jc

Reply to
john cohn