Lawn & Garden Battery (Short) Life?

It seems as though every year I'm buying a new lawn and garden battery. I took my latest in and it had died 3 months past the warranty. I asked the salesman about it, and he said it's typical of such small batteries. Is it? Aren't there any that last 2-3 years?

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. eWatson

Buy a lawn and garden that doesn't run on batteries?

Boom boom.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

"Lawn and garden battery"?????

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Use a NORTHSTAR battery instead of chinese junk. You get what you pay for, a cheap battery dies when deep unloaded a few times, sometimes once is enough.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Ah, you figured it out. Unlike the others. We seem to having NAPA and EXIDE around our small town.

The sales guide said it's the same story with motorcycle batteries. One year. Kaput.

In any case, I left out the words riding lawn mower.

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. eWatson

Complete nonsense. The battery in my bike is well over 4 years old and doing just fine.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Weather related? What sort of climate are you in? Here the low temps vary from around 28-40 during the winter. Storage problem? The battery is seldom using for 4-5 months, but I have started up the motor a couple of times during the winter. It was working fine about 5-6 weeks ago, the last time I used it. Maybe 8 weeks. Highs in the summer are from 85-95.

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. eWatson

I have noted the same problem. Unless you have room to retrofit an Automotive battery it seems to be a fact of life! John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

Northern Colorado. Believe me, it gets cold here in the winter.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

ne

Battery in John Deere 48" riding mower (14 hp, 2 cyl): About 12 years old; holds charge over winter (SW Oklahoma) and starts every time all summer. NAPA brand stamped "Made in USA". Wasn't the cheapest we could find, not even the cheapest US-made. But evidently worth the cost.

Reply to
webpa

Batteries don't like to freeze up, luckily my house leaks so much hot air into the garage (where my t(rusty) tractor lives) it saves me loads on new batteries :-)

Reply to
Archon

I believe it.

--