inductive reactance and magnetic circuit

Hi everybody! i need to know something... does the inductive reactance depend of the shape of the core?! i mean, if the magnetic circuit is opened ( "I"configuration), if the magnetic circuit is fully closed ("U + I"config), or if is coreless... in which proportion it vary!? affects this variation the magnetism strenght of the coil?! how?!

Reply to
Camilo Andres Gil Cardona

Generally, closed-core designs have less magnetic reluctance and more inductive reactance. At higher frequencies, other factors come into play.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Oh ok! but when core is opened does the XL (inductive reactance)change? how ?reduce or increase?!

Reply to
Camilo Andres Gil Cardona

Opening the core will cause the inductive reactance to decrease.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

mmm... so the minor reactance isn't zero ohms, this is equal to DC resistance of the coil, o not?! (I'm almost sure of that, but almost sure)

Reply to
Camilo Andres Gil Cardona

Huh? You may want to rephrase and repost this questions, since as presently written I (and likely others) can't make much sense out of it. For example, what exactly do you mean by "minor reactance", and how did DC resistance enter the discussion?

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

no, i just wanted to say with "minor resistance" the most low ohms measurement of the coil, and "DC resistance" entered in the discusion because i thought that a coil basically is a long piece of wire, and while more long it is, more resistance it has, a resistance in direct current level (the ohm measurement, checked with the ohmmetter in a coil) ... well i hope you understand my idea, so if don't, tell me again i'll try to explain it again!

Reply to
Camilo Andres Gil Cardona