I want to make a PIC 16F877 comunicate with a serial PC port. Which crystal or other oscillator to use ?

Hi !

I would like to make a PIC 16F877 comunicate with a serial PC port.

I read that some precision oscilator is required for this task : the internal and RC oscilation PIC modes are not suitable.

So, could you recommend me any crystal / ressonator which is cheap an do the trick ? I don't want very fast baud rates ...

Is it simple to interface the oscillator with the PIC ?

Thanks

Reply to
Pedro Duarte

For a realy cheap crystal, a 3.58Mhz color TV crystal with two 22pF cap.

You can interface (almost) directly the PIC with a PC. Most PC serial interface accepts 0 to 5V signals, no need for negative supply or a MAX232. The PIC output is connected through a 100 ohm resistor to the PC. The PIC input through a 2K2 to 10K resistor and two clipping diodes right at the PIC input, preferably two Schottky like 1N5817 or BAT85.

Ron

"Pedro Duarte" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Ron