Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What Triac and DIAC to use in a 1000W Dimmer Circuit
I have a bunch of bad Incandescent Light Dimmers. I am relatively sure that the solid satte devices inside are bad, passive components look good physically. Since these are 1000W units and we use them...
1

How can I silence a Samsonite travel alarm clock?
How can I silence a Samsonite travel alarm clock? My wife has a travel alarm clock bearing the Samsonite name. Sorry, but I can't find a model number on it. It's a fine clock, but with one big problem...
5

WTB: Signetics 2650 processor
I'm after a working Signetics 2650 processor and Pipbug ROM. Or any old development PCBs using the 2650. Please reply via email. Lionel...

Conference ranking reference at conference-ranking.net
Description: Conference ranking reference at For the reference of research scientists, this conference ranking ( is produced with collection of information from different Internet sources. The...

Ideas for TV Remote
There are 5 ideas I would like to see in a TV/VCR remote. Please pass them on to anyone who might be able to get them implemented. 1. finder button. If you misplace the remote, you press a button on...
4
4

anyone make a custom sound effect circuit board
Hi, I am looking to find someone who could design and make up a circuit for me for a reasonable charge. I already have some of the electronics. I am not sure if they can be used or whether the project...
6
6

Source for push buton switches?
I'm trying to source these surface mount push button switches as used in Siemens car key fobs. Anyone got any ideas? This one is sitting on my fingerprint. They are VERY small! Thanks Contact at:-...
1
1

multiplexer question
Hello, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a 16 to 1 multiplexer. I need something that can connect 16 individual inputs to 1 output 1 at a time in sequence. But I'm having trouble finding a...
4
4

searching for hermetically sealed button: $20 reward
If you recognize this button and knows where to buy it, email Will pay $20 for the first correct answer. These buttons are hermetically sealed, about the size of a quarter and ultra-flat. Picture at:
1
1

trouble with logic counters
Hello, I'm trying to hook up a 74HCT163 to count from 0 to 7 then loop and keep doing it. I'm having a lot of trouble making sense of the data sheet on how to connect this thing. I have a 555 chip...
2
2

Motion (or Infrared?) detectors for lights or electronics?
Hi, I can't imagine this hasn't been asked before but I couldn't find any other similar postings. I am trying to find some sort of gadgets that that one can plug electronics (or screw in between bulbs...
4
4

TOP234Y / TOP244Y 'Topswitch' SMPS Switching Regulator needed
Hi all and a very Happy New Year ;) This is my first post & look forward to learning & helping when I can. I need a TOP243Y or TOP244Y switching regulator IC for a Switch Mode Power Supply. It's...
1
1

DVD player making noises -why?
I just got a new DVD player and I noticed that when playing a CD-R data file (AVI) it makes a clicking or chirping noise every second. Regular DVDs play fine, I have no DVD-Rs to try, and I haven't...
1
1

SERVICE MANUAL for Hung Chang Oscilloscope OS-615S
Hello, sorry if it is off-topic for this group, but I am urgently looking for the service manual for this device. Any help is wellcome. Please email me. Thank you.
7
7

Connecting PS2 to HP Media Center 7170N
Any idea where I can get help in connecting my PS2 to my PC? I need some instructions.
2
2