Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which to plug in first?
This is a general question about all those plug-in power-supplies/battery-rechargers that we all have so many of. The kind that have a big plug/transformer at one end that plugs into the wall, and a...
13
13

RFID chips
Does anybody know of a way to de-active(blowup) RFID chips? Can their receiver coils be overloaded? Those things get added to all sorts of non-obvious things, and start to interfere with our privacy .
36
36

Display on Digital Clock
I have a Seiko clock that shows the time in many different places. The current battery is rather old and the time displays do not show all the parts of the digits. I don't need this clock and would...
3
3

Wanted - a HUGE digital clock
something with digits about 8 inches tall, preferably LED not LCD. Perhaps there is a clock circuit I can buy or build and huge digits I can buy? Or maybe make the digits myself out of loads of LEDs?...
2
2

the better OS to use for older hardware ?
I have not been keeping up with hardware and OS changes of late (3 yrs... ok 8 yrs) and i was wondering if there is a better OS to install on older hardware. Eg Dell inspiron 8100 PIII/866 Mhz and by...
50
50

FA: Teagam Digital LCR Bridge and Stereo FM Signal Generator
LCR bridge here: Stereo Sig gen here: Katajekenai! F

Re: Turn a TV into PC
=A0 =A0 a =A0 e =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 C =A0 =A0 =A0 Well.. A new 22" Viewsonic LCD TV costs $349.00 at new egg. This week Dell had a brand new dual-core pc with 3 megs of RAM (and a DVD...
1
1

Digital TV questions
I have a few questions regarding the upcoming conversion to digital with over-the-air broadcasts. Please forgive my naivete. 1: Are the digital signals, which have become available now, being...
5
5

Which Deal Sites do you use?
Someone was asking, but I couldn't find the thread for which deal sites they like best. So I figured I'd start a new one. Which Deal Sites do you use?

sci.electonics.repair can't get messages
Is it just me or is there a problem with the newsgroup? Since yesterday I can't get any messages later than 9/17/2007. I tried unsubscribing and clearing any associated files but still can't get...
2
2

Question about cristal oscillator
Hello I need a low jitter cristal oscillator that I can adjust between 10mhz and 12mhz, I did founded a circuit in this web page; Does it would be good and have a low jitter ? In the web site it say...
11
11

Woman in Burlington Wisconsin

Source for iPod connector & cable?
Looking for the 30-pin dock connector and cable with leads carrying power (5v) and audio (gnd, left, right). Thanks,
3
3

FREE XBOX 360 ELITE!! PROOF!! How TO
YOU CAN SIGN UP AT THIS LINK: FOLLOW THESE STEPS: 1) Click on the link above and sign up 2) Complete the GoogleSEO offer its only $1.95 and it credits right away OR the Blockbuster will credit you in...

indoor antennas for HDTV?
I am not able to use a roof top antenna in the office where I have a crt tv with a newly purchased digital/analog converter. Is one type of indoor antenna better than another? Any recommendations as...
4
4