Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

LCD monitor problem
Hi, I have a Sony 18" LCD monitor. (model SDM-S81) The monitor shows the darkest black areas as grey or sometimes a grainy green or dark blue. The green/blue usually shows up when it's going from...
7
7

Flasher for dog collar
Hi- I need to build some sort of a flasher to put on my dog's collar- she's the same color as the carpet and keeps getting stepped on :-) I'm thinking a 3909 flasher running a LED from a coin cell. I...
8
8

High temperature superconductors and radiation screening effect?
Hi all. I was reading the latest article about the latest research on magnesium diboride with the possibility of using similar materials to achieve Tcs of above 200K, and suddenly had a thought. It...
1
1

Photocopier adjustment presets
At some time in the next year, machine specific toner for this machine, Toshiba BD5120 will no longer be available. Considering I have a working one plus a couple of boxes of electro-mechanical spares...
3
3

scsi bus ringing/signal shape change
Hello, Electronics newbie with a question. I have a DAQ card which is communicating with 8 perif boards over a SCSI bus. The communication is controlled by a 20Mhz TTL clock over one of the bus lines....
5
5

Circuit City Special Offer!
Hurry! Get more information about an exciting offer from Circuit City. Just call 212-560-4363 and mention program code 63B39NH9.
1
1

parts lists
I know there are websites that archive manuals for many different devices. What I'm wondering is whether there are similar websites that have parts lists for a lot of electronic devices. If one has a...
2
2

Cordless, cool touch soldering tool
Cold Heat Soldering Iron $19.99 plus s&H ************************************ A perfect demonstration of the cordless, quick-heat/quick-cool application of Cold Heat technology, the Cold Heat...
3
3

Making an ink-level sensor for an inkjet printer
After refilling one of the Canon inkjets with the newer chipped carts (ip4200, etc), one loses the ability to monitor the ink levels using the printer's cirquitry and software. This is unfortunate. It...
19
19

Oxygen Sensor for science fair project
I'm looking for an oxygen sensor for my grandson's science fair project. The sensor would have to work at room temperature and pressure and be affordable. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
3
3

Want Distance Education Course on Digital Systems(College Level)
Hi, I want to study what is generally a module in a Computer Eng. Course - usually called "Digital Systems". I was enrolled in a Computer Eng. Course, but failed to make this module. I would like to...

555 timer based flasher "noise" problem
I built a simple 555 based flasher to operate in an antique car (6 volt, positive ground) for a turn signal system set for about 1 flash every second. The "dash" indicator is an LED and all turn...
6
6

'Long distance' IR remote control learning.
That is going across continents. To transfer the pulse coding of a remote control at one site to another learnable type remote control maybe the other side of the world. Can anyone think of a method...
11
11

I bought the Remocon unit, but the instruction (to me) are incomprehensible. If anybody knows how to use this, I'd appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to dup my garage door clicker. Thanks in advance.
I bought the Remocon unit, but the instruction (to me) are incomprehensible. If anybody knows how to use this, I'd appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to dup my garage door clicker. Thanks in...
1
1

Simple electronics question: AC -> DC
I have an electric "strip heater" that I use to prevent pipes from freezing. I want to use it in my cottage one or two days per month when I am there in the winter. My cottage has no electricity but...
8
8