Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Good or Bad Fluke MOD 77-III (Auto-Range)
hello I am looking at buying this multimeter for $50, Fluke MOD 77-III (Auto-Range), is this unit good, bad, looking for any opinions either way. thanks

Maplin MF100 multifunction counter
Anyone know where to look for a user manual? - google drew a blank!

Reuse notebook monitor with desktop
I have a notebook monitor (the rest of the notebook doesn't work) and would like to connect it to a regular desktop pc... Does anyone know the pinout of the Dell's Inspirion laptop's monitor? So i can...
11
11

Seeking solutions for Microelectronic Circuits, Sedra/Smith 5th Edition
I am an adult student engaged in distance learning in EE. I am currently taking a course in linear devices using Microelectronic Circuits, Sedra/Smith, 5th Edition. Both I and the professor teaching...
5
5

Crafting electronic devices as a hobby!
First I want make sure everybody understand that this is a newbie question. My expertise is with computers but I decided that I want to study a little about electronics as a hobby. Now I wonder what...
6
6

Wanted: Capstone Project Suggestions
Hi, I'm taking a non-calculus based Electronics I course at a local community college using Malvino's text, _Electronics Principles_. My goal is to work for hospitals repairing medical equipment. This...
22
22

A newborn blog ... read and comment please
without Entertainment is boring! In this blog, we try to bring both to the subject of VLSI! We will have fun with related and unrelated puzzles as to entertain you and ourselves! So your comments and...

BT139 & MOC3063
I have a problem with my circuit that i have described in this link:

Fixing a time delay between wto Freeview boxes
I have a freeview box and a freeview dongle (for my PC), however they take different times to process the signals so they are out of sync, this is most noticible on the sound when you listen to both...
17
17

Newbie Question: Measuring electrical power: PICs and Clamp probes
Are there any designs out there for an electricity meter capable of very accurately measuring electrical power consumption, non intrusively? Basically what I'd like to do is either build or buy some...
8
8

aluminum foil on TV screen
At they claim that one can generate the high voltages one needs (thousands of volts) for a plastic soda bottle motor by taping aluminum foil to one's tv screen and repeatedly turning the tv set on and...
6
6

cost of measuring picoamps
I'm looking at a book by Gilardini on slow (on the order of 0.1 eV) electrons in gases. He mentions that the dc currents one has to measure in such a situation are on the order of between 10^-11 and...
22
22

parallel port
I've been reading James "J.J" Barbarello's book, Real-World Interfacing With Your PC, 2d ed., and now I'd like to try to actually do something. The first thing one has to do is to make a "break-out...
14
14

audio processor ICs
hi everyone ; i am working on a project related to i need a audio processor ic which can be compatible Tx & anyone suggest some of the names of audio processor ICs.
3
3

simple electrical question
This isn't really an electronics question, but I can't find a more suitable newsgroup to ask in. I have a motor from an oil furnace's blower that I would like to run at approximately half its normal...
7
7