ZYNQ temperature

Den fredag den 15. maj 2015 kl. 04.58.36 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

yeh, but they aren't normally spec'ed by the diagnal

yeh, a 25x25 fan is 20x20 holes, a 30x30 is 24x24mm

the microzed need ~22x22 mm

I'd make the plate bigger so it could use the four mounting holes, those

2mm holes are bit small

we have a fan mounted vertically in our box so it blows air across the top and bottom of the PCB, even with out a heatsink I think it drops the temp 20'C

-Lasse

Reply to
lasselangwadtchristensen

It seems like the best solution for you would be your own board. Maybe worth outsourcing that? You know you're overpaying for that board from Avnet, plus that heatsink solution... Not technological I'd say.

Tomas D.

Reply to
Tomas D.

Den fredag den 15. maj 2015 kl. 14.38.01 UTC+2 skrev Tomas D.:

Depends on how many you need

The pcb needs blind microvias, 8~10 layers, tracks to DDR RAM need to be matched to a few millimeters. So before you have made the layout and sourced all the components and have the thing build the microzed might seem like a bargain.

-Lasse

Reply to
lasselangwadtchristensen

The uZed makes sense for low-volume, complex, relatively high-priced products, 10 to maybe 50 units a year. It has the SOC, flash, SDcard, DRAM, gB Ethernet, USB, power supplies, Linux, all that done and working. The two boxes that we've done used all of that stuff. The real downside is the ghastly Xilinx development software and horrible support.

Future simpler products that have volume potential, we'll probably switch over from our current habits (separate NXP ARM and Altera chips) to an Altera SOC, now that they are available.

The two-chip thing works, but it wastes a lot of FPGA balls to provide CPU access, and the FPGA register access is only 16 bits wide, asynchronous and slow.

 Click to see the full signature

We use Altera Cyclone V SoC for automotive and so far - it's great. I can't tell about reliability yet, but the support from Altera was amazing. We've got exactly zero from X.

Tomas D.

Reply to
Tomas D.

Good news. That's probably our future path.

 Click to see the full signature