xilinx as video processor?

Just wondering if the smaller xilinx products are fast enough to do processing of video signals. ( i know they can handle the complexity )

What i want to do is take RGBI from older computers ( like Atari, commodore, etc ) and convert them into VGA for a PC monitor..

Ive seen some projects in discrete hardware for a single type of machine, but never one for several types of machines, and none in FPGA ( goign this route for size and simplicity )

Since we aren't talking drastic resolutions here, i figured they would be fast enough?

Reply to
Ziggy

Hi

I would guess so too ... 640x480 is < 30Mhz pixel clock, easily achievable.

Of course that also depends on the treatment but it sounds like all you need is a timing adaptator ...

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

"Sylvain Munaut" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41dd74ee$0$2457$ snipped-for-privacy@news.skynet.be...

achievable.

Yes, aka scan doubler. No big deal in a Spartan-II(E) or III

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner

--