Altera NIOS2 50.0 SOPC periphals broken???

Trying to run some small system with NIOS2 and timer/uart periphal...

  1. Problem...regardless what I set for the UART as fixed BAUD it always stays at 115200 baud...

  1. Adding a timer with all features enabled and 10msec period it doesn't allow me to start/stop and to modify period time...

So I assume other SOPC components are broken as well in NIOS2 5.0?

/jedi

Reply to
Jedi

Okay..UART works when I change baudrate...stupid EPCS programming over JTAG doesn't get automatically updated (o;

But timer still same...

/jedi

Reply to
Jedi

Jedi,

Sorry I did not see this sooner. I just tried a test with Nios II 5.0 of the timer peripheral -- starting with a 10ms period as you indicated, and tried an experiment to modify the timer period as well as take snap-shots based on pressing/releasing a button on my dev board. It all worked fine. Send me an email if this is still a problem and I'll send you the source code I'm using for the test!

One scenario that comes to mind that may have caused this is that if your code is not setup to use I/O instructions to peripherals (recommended for all Nios II software), and you're using the data cache: there have been modifications to the Nios II data cache in 5.0

-- whether you're using the data cache or not its best to ensure that you're doing an "I/O" read/write to external peripherals rather than simple load/store (as you'd get with a regular pointer dereference). This stuff is described in the Nios II Software Developer's manual.

Jesse Kempa Altera jkempa -at- altera -dot- com

Reply to
kempaj

Everything working fine with periphals (o;

Wasn't the cores but the NIOS2 toolchain producing wrong code on AMD64 Linux platforms...

Compiling everything on OSX now (o:

best regards rick

Reply to
Jedi