Subject Author Posted Replies

Displays - Apple Mac vs. IBM PC
I bet the Apple still have a huge leg up on PCs when it comes to displays. Yeah, they both have the same hardware these days, but the way the softwar e manages things is so much better on the Mac. I...
10
10

Optimizations, How Much and When?
My projects typically are implemented in small devices and so are often spa ce constrained. So I am in the habit of optimizing my code for implemented size. I've learned techniques that minimize size...
11
11

Can't get image from PCam 5C running on Zybo Z7-20 with petalinux
Hello folks, I am running Zybo Z7-20 Pcam petalinux project on Zybo Z7-20 board. From file below command will create 14 image files in current directory yavta -c14 -f YUYV -s "$width"x"$height" -F...

Enabler for New FPGA Companies
There seem to be a spate of new FPGA companies coming out. The road block to new FPGA companies has always been two things, patents and software... a nd maybe software patents. lol So what has...
2
2

Anybody used Amazon AWS for HW sims?
Has anybody used Amazon AWS for FPGA hardware sims? I don't know anything about it and I tried to read up on it but it's all a bit vague. Amazon has farms of FPGAs (Xilinx, I think?) but they mostly...
4
4

Issue regarding boot qspi flash in zynq
Hey folks, I need help regarding qspi flash boot with zynq . 1.I am using ZYNQ part number xc7z014sclg484-1 (active). 2.Software used:vivado 2019.1 3. qspi FLASH :W25Q128FWSIG 3.I am doing the qspi...

tell me what you think!
When ATPG errors suppose an ATPG errors with slight probability p p->0 now suppose it is used to calculate untestability of a fault. Let T be 1 if fault is testable, let T be 0 if fault is untestable....
1
1

SOS ! Raspberry PI - HDMI - TMDS Hamsterwork HDMI INPUT = not work ?
Hello, I use Mike Fields vhdl code for hdmi processing. from Hamsterwork website. I want to Raspberry PI HDMI output connect to FPGA INPUT. I try 720p,1080p, progressive, interlaced and any kind of...
3
3

Lattice's ECP5 - half of the program went MIA - WTF ?
I've noticed that literally over night ordinary ( non-SERDES, non-automotive) members of ECP5 family is gone on Lattice's pages. Questions: 1. Is there process advancement comming ( 40nm ->28 nm or...
6
6

Efinix and their new Trion FPGAs -
I'm talking about these guys: Their Trion program seems interesting: - it stretches from area that is occupied by Lattice's MachXO3 on the low end and ECP5 on hight end - no onboard FLASH.Just OTP on...
10
10

Efinix and their Trion FPGAs
They are relatively new: Their Trion program has few notable peculiarities: - unified roruting/LUT tiles. One tile can be used for both roles. - 5 bit BLOCK RAM instaed of traditional 9-bit They claim...
2
2

AGM vs. Gowin
My holy grail has always been a simple CPU combined with a smallish FPGA. There are a few out there, very few, but none of them are available in appr opriate packages and inexpensive. I've found a...
3
3

AGM AG6K SoC
I found the part I had been interested in, the AGM AG6K SoC with a 250 MHz ARM Cortex processor, 6,000 LE FPGA, 128 kB SRAM, 12 bit ADC, all in a 100 pin QFP package. Works for many of my apps...
2
2

Gowin Semiconductor, Real or Fake?
series. in the form it tells me I haven't filled in everything. Their chat is dow n. I give up. Curses ! I was hoping it was just me. I'm starting to wonder if they are a real company or not... I...
6
6

FPGA config sizes
We're planning a new universal boot loader for a family of ST processors. The uP would host the loader in a bit of local flash and read an outboard serial flash to get the specific application code...
14
14