Subject Author Posted Replies

DE10 Standard Audio Demos not working
Hello, I bought the DE10 Standard and am having issues trying to run the demos rel ated to audio. I am trying to run the two demos, DE10_Standard_Audio, and DE10_Standard_i2 sound, while connecting...
5
5

Active HDL and the Case of the Haunted Cursor
Active HDL is really starting to piss me off. I can't understand some of t he things it does. Now the cursor won't stay where I put it. It keeps mov ing to the end of the simulation a few seconds...
1
1

Go To VHDL Resource
I started a new design the other day and realized I had forgotten which web sites were good VHDL resources. There are resources for the language, there are good resources for the many libraries and...
2
2

Bit Swizzling
I'm not sure where to ask this question, so I pushed it out to several groups. You need not reply to all of them if you don't think it is a topical subject. I included in a previous message, but it...
7
7

What is a Processor and Software in Context of Reliability Analysis?
How is a "processor" defined when considering requirements on developing a design? A project I am on is shoving software into HDL to design an FPGA w hich is being considered "hardware". I'm not...
2
2

ADCs in FPGAs
I have looked at ADCs in FPGAs but never built one. Obviously sigma delta is a good way to go as it can be done all digitally, or almost so. I'm not completely clear on how to do it. Lattice has a...
23
23

Are Gowin Serious Contenders?
I'm looking at using Gowin in a design and I not sure about them. They are being sold at Mouser, but the prices are not so great. Their cheapest 1 k LUT chips are not too bad at $3@1k, but from there...
7
7

iCE40 Ultra Family Data Sheet
Looking at section 4.5 the power up supply sequence is clearly stated to st art with Vcc/Vccpll, then to bring up SPI_VCCIO1 followed by VPP_2V5 with t he remaining supplies to be brought up anytime...
7
7

Potential New Design
I might be working on a smallish design shortly and I'm picking an FPGA. I don't have much in the way of requirments yet, but I'd like to have at lea st 2000 LUTs, 39 I/Os or more, but most...
11
11

Elastic buffer implementation
For this article : Implementing Latency-Insensitive Dataflow Blocks at http :// 1) How is "Hold" action different from "Buffer" action ? 2) Why is the '1' pin of the second multiplexer inside the...

Some preliminary help for an FPGA selection
It will be the first FPGA for me. What I want to do is not complex, I have done similar controllers (more complex really)numerous times using logic parts, PLD, CPLD-s etc. I need to put together a...
3
3

Entity-bound SDC file in Quartus Lite Edition?
Hi, I need to port my design from Xilinx FPGA based board to a Altera/Intel FPGA based one. The design must be available for students, who need to use the Quartus Lite Edition. One of essential things...
1
1

ICCD 2020: Call for Special Sessions and Tutorial Proposals

Lattice new 28nm series - any clues about availability ?
Just a few days ago, they presented Certus-NX series that is based on their new Nexus platform. Has anyone here been testing these and what else can we expect on 28nm ? Will there be ECP3 and XO3...
8
8

<whine mode on> Why is my source buried in the bowels of the project?
I've always found it awkward that when I create a project the various tempo rary files the tool creates are at the top of the project tree and my files are down at the end of a branch of the...
5
5