Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for Xilinx fpga board that works in Linux and has Ethernet card
I am looking for a FPGA board which supports some features: 1- PCI interface 2- 1G ethernet port 3- Linux driver support 4- Less than 1,000 USD Would any one please show me the suitabe cards or give...
1
1

ByteBlaster Parallel Driver for Linux > 2.6.13
Evnin' As Linux versions after 2.6.13 don't have devfs anymore... will there be soon a new version of the byteblaster.tar.gz parallel driver or has someone a patch for it? cheers rick

Measuring the period of a signal
Hi, I am trying to measure an input signal that will be a square wave of a certain unknown frequency in the range 1MHz to 4 MHz using an FPGA. I have no control over that input signal. The FPGA should...
4
4

Clocking data into a shift register on positive AND negative edges
Hi, I'm trying to design a floppy disc 'raw reader' (to archive discs that have been written in unusual formats that PCs can't read). I've got a basically working data separator design that turns the...
6
6

How do I use the Xilinx USB download cable for testing?
Fellow Designers, I am looking for a more convenient way to use inexpensive eval boards to test logic designs in an fpga. I do this quite a bit already by designing stimulator logic to put in front of...
6
6

query
I am implementing IIR Filter in verilog with equation y(n)=a*x(n)+(1-a)*y(n-1) a is floating point no with 5 bits x is integer with 7 bit input .y(n) is 12 bit with 5bits floating and 7 bit integer...

Xilinx ISE constanly asking to regenerate a core file.
Hi everyone, I have a very simple ADC controller in VHDL, plus a Xilinx FFT core. There are only 2 files in my project: ADC_control.vhd and myfft.xco Every time I try to create a new bit file, ISE...
4
4

raggedstone + xc3sprog?
Hello, all... Has anybody gotten xc3sprog to work with the raggedstone board and its included parallel programming cable? I had to add an entry to devlist.txt for the configuration PROM (xc3sprog gets...
5
5

A new way to define systems of systems?
I have recently been playing around with what I think is a new approach to defining and implementing distributed embedded systems. I've come up with a language that I call SMIL that defines the data...
16
16

ispLever FTP Download
Hello... Why is it that the Windows Version of ispLever 6.1 is downloadable via FTP but not the Linux version? thx in advance rick

can anyone give me a reference price of the following Xilinx boards?
I can't check any price infomation about the following boards in xilinx website: 1) ML521/3/5 ---- Virtex-5 GTP characterization board. 2) ML550 ---- Virtex-5 networking development board. Btw: what...
4
4

How to use the 8LEDs on DIO4 when connected to Virtex 2 Pro kit?
Hello, I am trying to implement an 8 bit adder program using VHDL on Virtex 2 pro with expansion kit DIO4 from digilent. The code is correct and I can see the result on 4 LEDs of Virtex 2 pro kit from...
1
1

XUP virtex-II pro
Hello I developed a hardware component in ISE which interfaces with my own- made print-circuit by using the lower middle expansion header (just for information). Now I want to couple this hardware...

Icarus Verilog
I just wanted to get a heads up from anyone out there about this tool. My initial results (for some trivial designs) were pretty good with the synthesizer Has anyone used this for any large synthesis...

Nios2: elf2hex settings for epcs bootloader
Hello, I have recompiled the assembler code for the bootloader of the Nios2. After this compilation I have an .elf file. Now I have to convert this elf file to a hex file which can be used as memory...
1
1