Subject Author Posted Replies

Bug in Synplify?
Hi, I have a behavior in Synplify Pro for Actel Fpgas I would call a bug (seen in each old version I could find up to the newest 9.0) If having a register file which is accessed only in words with...
11
11

Basic questions about the Nios II.
Hello. I'm getting a better outline of what's available and the differences between the different options, such as FPGAs and CPLDs. Although, I've just come across Alteras "Nios II Embedded Processor"...
9
9

Stratix GX
Can anyone help on finding a home for the Altera Stratix GX chips. I am in a situation where one of my contracted accounts has purchased the Altera Stratix GX product prematurely. They are not going...
1
1

Inferring wide adders comprising multiple DSP48s
Is it possible to infer wide adders that require multiple DSP48s? In my experiments with Synplify, I found that it will infer a DSP48-based adder when the inputs are up to 36 bits wide, but when I use...
2
2

YARDstick custom processor design tool homepage updates
Hi friends i've just made some updates on the YARDstick website: A summary of the updates: 1. Overview section 2. Screenshots section 3. A0-size poster that was used for presenting YARDstick at the...

Altera PowerPlay Early Power Estimator Spreadsheet and MXCOMCT2.OCX
Altera claims to have a snazzy early power estimator that needs MXCOMCT2.OCX. I wonder if anyone has managed to get this solution to work? I spreadsheet works (did not have to use the fix) on my...
1
1

XST corrupts my state machine. Only disabling FSM encoding helps
Hi, i have a state machine like this always @( * ) case(state) IDLE: casex(SOME_STATEMENTS) {inputs}: next = NEXT_STATE1; {inputs}: next = NEXT_STATE3; default: next = IDLE; STATE1;...
4
4

Very basic clock questions.
Hi, I'm making my way through the Virtex 4 user guide trying to get to grips with FPGAs, although I'm only a few pages in and already have a few questions: - Why are there 32 global clock lines for a...
4
4

Logic minimization software with LUT6 support?
I am looking for open source software for logic minimization (a la espresso) targeted to a lookup table based architecture that can take advantage of six inputs LUTs (as you can imagine I have in mind...
10
10

Own soft-processor
Just interesting, how often some company is able to develope their own RISC soft-core processor for their needs, without any need to publish that fact or reveal any details?
12
12

How can I find out the input/output interface of SDR SDRAM Kingston KVR100X64C2/128?
All I can find is a one-page specification of "Kingston KVR100X64C2/128", but I do not know about the input and output interface of this SDRAM, e.g., what are the input and output signals, and how the...
8
8

Never buy Altera!!!!
Ordered a license for Quartus a month ago. Order is processed, rep says she needs NIC ID and host ID from PC, we explain that a new PC is on order and we will need to license software to old machine...
38
38

Variable Phase Shifting for VirtexII DCM
Hello, i have a problem with my dcm modules. By changing of frequency the clock-out phase gets also changed. So I have found a xapp from xilinx which may help me (Active Phase Alignment xapp268). I...

DRAM modules - RIMM, SODIMM,UDIMM..etc
Hi, There are various kinds of DRAM modules such as RIMM,SODIMM,UDIMM,MiniDIMM etc. How do they differ from each other. Can anybody through some light on this. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sai
1
1

Check it out:Two best way to get friends worldwide
Check it out:Two best way to get friends worldwide