Subject Author Posted Replies

passive serial quaestion
Hi, Everyone, I have one question regarding passive serial programing of altera fpga. Can flex 8000 series be programed in the same way as cyclone families. Which programing file is used when fpga is...
4
4

Bad micro blaze behaviour during power off
setup: On one of our designs we are using a Xilinx partan3 FPGA (XC3S500E -4 FT(G)256 stepping1) and an spi flash (M25P40-VMN6) to store FPGA code, callibration data, board settings,... Problem...
10
10

Processor in CPLD
Hi. I would like to hear your opinion on the possibility of implementing a processor in a CPLD? The functionality does not have to be greater than the old 8051 CPU, but I would like the flexibility...
11
11

Viterbi Decoder
Hi, I am designing a viterbi decoder with r=1/2 and k=7 on fpga but don't want to design from scratch. Can one share some reference code for r=1/2 and maybe k=3 etc. which I can use as a base for...

MicroBlaze floating point precision issues
Hello, group. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why my MicroBlaze implementation is presenting *supposedly* single-precision floating point values as double-precision values truncated...
6
6

Xilinx MIG onm Solaris
Hi, I can't locate MIG in coregen on Solaris 9.2 and ip update 2? Is it only on Linux and Windows? /michael
2
2

Compilation of Plasma SW under Linux
Hi All, I have previously send this message to but probably it was "NTG", as it is more associated with the soft CPU on FPGA problem. Therefore I try once (the last one ;-) ) again in the I have...
2
2

How to connect a LED with a clock?
Hello All, I am a newbie to FPGA and got recently a new Spartan3E1600 Microblaze development kit. I want very much to start doing something working and have decided that the best place to start is...
10
10

conversion problem
function int_to_float (x: signed) return signed I wish to convert the input signed vector to Single precision 32 bit floating point number. I do not know what the input string length is going to be....
4
4

Spartan 3E Sarter Kit Ethernet
Hello. Would you please to get me some information about how can i realize UDP transmition with Spartan 3E Starter Kit? Can i use IP supplied with EDK in conjunction with Microblaze. Can I solve the...
6
6

integer to binary conversion
I am converting an integer to a single precision floating point number. I understand that floating point number comprises of sign bit(1 bit), exponent(8 bits) and significand(23 bits). I can check if...
3
3

about "tri-states data bus" problem Ñ¡Ïî
my module is as follows: entity tri_state_bus is Port ( data : inout STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (15 downto 0); cs : in STD_LOGIC; rd : in STD_LOGIC; we : in STD_LOGIC; clk: in STD_LOGIC; din : in...
1
1

MPMC On EDK
Hi All , I am trying to interface microblaze with a Micron DDR SDRAM (MT46V16M16FG-75 16Mx16) using MPMC from the IP catalogue. As I am running on Spartan 3 FPGA I need to connect port lines -...
4
4

Cyclone II short-circuit failure mode
A EP2C5Q208C8 in one of our boards has gone short circuit on the 3v3 supply. We manufacture this board in quantities without any problems, so we would like to investigate why this could have happened,...
3
3

DDR SDRAM demo for Spartan-3E starter kit?
I have a Xilinx/Digilent Spartan-3E starter kit Rev D (with 46V32M16 -6T F). Is there any *simple* demo that stores a picture bitmap in the builtin DDR SDRAM and sends the bitmap to the VGA port...
10
10