Subject Author Posted Replies

Scripts to maintain list of addresses in VHDL core communicating with SW via a set of control and status registers
Last time I had to prepare a firmware for FPGA, that contained a complex hierarchy of blocks and subbblocks, containing registers and arrays of registers on different levels of hierarchy. Those...
3
3

Clock distribution /Resynchronizing
Hi all, I would like to create and distribute a master clock and sync pulses to a n umber of boxes throughout a system. There will be some skew between the sig nals, of unknown sign. Probably the...
8
8

Go to church this Sunday
You see me write about sin and condemnation, and eternal Hellfire (damnation), and also how to avoid that end by coming to Jesus, and asking Him to forgive you and save you from Hell. But how do you...

My invention: Coding wave-pipelined circuits with buffering function in HDL
Hi, A wive-pipelined circuit has the same logic as its pipeline counterpart exc ept that the wive-pipelined circuit has only one stage, a critical path fro m the input register passing through a piece...
43
43

Now - not so new cheaper FPGAs
I have used the Lattice XP3 FPGAs in a design I've made a lot of money from. The parts have gone EOL but Arrow bought some 70,000+ and is still trying to get rid of them. Seems they over estimated the...
5
5

HDL simple survey - what do you actually use
I'm trying to decide on which to use for a project as the main default that may include a number of freelance people. can you say which of these you actually use (the most) and have the best skills in...
30
30

The contents of the Book of your life
When you stand before God, the books will be opened. Every thing you've ever done will be there written down in the books perfectly. No distortion. No twist. No bent. Only an accurate and true and...

TinyFPGA Boards
The web site does not work 100% as there are some broken links, but all the pages are there. They currently offer three boards, A1/A2 provide two sizes of the Lattice XO2, the 256 and 1200. These two...

Qs on HDL library code and pipelining
Hello everybody, and Happy New Year 2018! I am new to digital design, here are some basic questions: In particular for algorithm acceleration (e.g. arithmetic, cryptography, etc.), does it make sense...
4
4

FPGA one-shot
I have an async signal, call it TRIG, inside a Zynq 7020. At the rising edge of TRIG, I want to make an async one-shot. It will leave the chip as RX and reset some outboard ecl logic. Anything from,...
32
32

Part of our daily prayers
My son and I say prayers together each night before he goes to bed. Part of our daily prayers is the Lord's Prayer. This is the way we say it each night: Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy...
2
2

Request for each of you
A request for each of you Original post : To my fellow "Usenet group"ies: I come before you today with a request for each of you. I ask you to give it an ear and ponder it in your heart. Consider it...
1
1

A new request for each of you
A request for each of you Original post : To my fellow "Usenet group"ies: I come before you today with a request for each of you. I ask you to give it an ear and ponder it in your heart. Consider it...
1
1

A request for each of you
A request for each of you Original post : To my fellow "Usenet group"ies: I come before you today with a request for each of you. I ask you to give it an ear and ponder it in your heart. Consider it...
7
7

Rick C. Hodgin is a holy name
The Muslim is on the right path. He has rejected truth and is on the path to Hell. It is the right path for one who rejects truth, rejects Jesus Christ. The Buddhist is on the right path. He has...
1
1