Subject Author Posted Replies

ps2 mouse protocol
Hi, I'm trying to communicate with the ps2 mouse. So I first force the ps2c line to '0' for 100us. Then I force the ps2d line to '0' and ps2c to high impedance. Now the mouse should take over the ps2c...
2
2

Does anyone have sdio protocol experience?
I am trying to write an sdio host controller. sdio is an extension to the sd/mmc protocol used on memory cards. It is used for pda peripheral devices, for example. Note that this question is about the...
1
1

DSP48 Inference Template for XST
I'd like to infer a DSP48 in XST and can't find a template that will infer all of these opmodes: P=M P=M+C P=P+M P=P-M (where M=A*B) I can get XST to do any of these, one or two at a time, but when I...
1
1

NGC / EDIF Viewer
Suggestion: if you are using XST (or any other synthesis tool) and have Xilinx's PlanAhead, you can bring in an NGC/EDIF and view the schematic with PlanAhead's viewer. I just started using it and...

FPGA dev kit with 4-8 Cyclones or Spartans
Hello. We need a boards with 4 or 6 or even 8 identical FPGA chips installed, each one should be mid-range Altera Cyclone II or III, let say, each chip should contain between 30.000 LEs and 60.000...
7
7

Call VHDL module from Verilog
Hi, I have a basic question. Is is possible in the xilinx ISE enviroment to make a verilog wrapper of some VHDL code. I don't want to recode it in verilog. Thanks Rob
2
2

Getting started with VHDL and Verilog
Hi all, My background is in Software Engineering C,C++,Java and Unix. I am getting started with VHDL and Verilog. What is the good way/books/ websites/training to get started? I have B.S. and M.S. in...
7
7

warning from ISE 9.2
Hi, waht does that mean : Loading device for application Rf_Device from file '' in environment /home/thorsten/Xilinx92i. WARNING:Xst:2677 - Node of sequential type is unconnected in block ....
2
2

BRAM initialization / bitstream configuration
Hi , The bitstream takes heed of BRAM , so my questions are : * Is it true that all the zeros that we localise in the beginning of configurable part ( of bitstream) correspond to BRAM initialization ?...
2
2

How program PROM from msc file
---------- Forwarded message ---------- hello !! i have a problem with programming PROM , i must programing it in linux , in windows this programing file is with *.msc extesion , it contans bit file...
1
1

Using Sysgen v8.2
Hello, I am trying to design a 4-tap FIR filter using system generator for Spartan3 xc3s200-4ft256. But when I try to generate the netlist from Matlab, I get the following error: standard exception:...

Xilinx ISE 10 in CentOS not showing in application menu list
Hi, This is my first time install Xilinx ISE in CentOS, I thought it's the free clone of RHEL. But I cannot find the ISE in the application menu list. I don't mean I have to have it, but just don't...
1
1

Looking for FPGA/CPLD skills to develop prototype
I'm looking for an individual with FPGA/CPLD hardware and software skills to develop prototype of a consumer device. Chicago area preferred. cjt101 at

Silicon
Silicon Wafers at PCA supplies silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry. Our products include wafers, thin films and more. We also offer polishing, reclaiming, slicing and lapping of wafers.

EDK9.2i simulation problems.
Hi 1) I am having some EDK simulation problems. I am using EDK9.2i with microblaze 7. I have attached a peripheral to the FSL bus using EDK's configure coprocessor and written its corresponding...
3
3