Subject Author Posted Replies

CRC7 Input bits in Command and Response
Can someone confirm the SDIO CRC7 bits input for the 48 bits command and response and 136 response. For case 1 and 2 the CRC7 is calculated on 40 bits starting from the very first bit - the start bit....
1
1

Microblaze Cache and FSL problem
Hi all , Out product uses the FSL bus to talk to a co-processor. So far I has the I and d cache for microblaze disabled and the FSL bus was working fine. But as soon as I enable I and d cache I start...

Video stream over bluetooth
Dear all, I need to transfer a live video stream from FPGA to let say a PC(Linux) , may you tell the design complexity or how to approach this problem, I have searched a lot and not finding proper way...
3
3

FPGA Programing file
I intend to build an fpga programer for the spartan fpgas of xilinx I am not sure about the file that i should send over the jtag to program the fpga. I got conflicting information from 2 different...
5
5

incremental compilation
Hi all, I am experimenting incremental compilation on a design. But the logiclock region assignments are ignored and it doesn't seem to save the compilation time on the second compile. In the first...

Xilinx EDK inferred dual port BRAM unconnected clkb
As part of an edk peripheral i have inferred 2 dual port BRAMs which synthesise and simulate correctly For both BRAMs port a is controlled by the microblaze port b is controlled by fsm BRAM 1 is used...

it doesn't work if increase a little traffic for DMA read.
The unidirection DMA read only or write only of my PCIE NIC controller V5-based works fine . However,if DMA read(from host--->ethernet port) is progress ,additional i send ping packet continuing from...
2
2

HWICAP and BRAM
hi all, Iam trying to use HWICAP , as a first test i tried to write to HWICAP BRAM using XHwIcap_StorageBufferWrite and read the stored data using XHwIcap_StorageBufferRead , i noticed that the data...

Simple PRNG problem -> clk not recognised as input
Hi I wanted to sythesize a simple PRNG which is implemented as a LFSR. However, the problem is that when I debug the implemnetation on the chip I always get the same random value which are the last...
3
3

Avalon interconnect fabric : arbiter
Hi all, I just have two simple questions but I can't find the answer from the altera's documents. Each master port has an integer value of transfer shares (M) wich respect to a slave port. A slave...

Software instabilities with EDK 10.01 and PPC405?!??!!!
Hi folks, I am short before going mad... I have a Xilinx ML403 board with a Virtex 4 FX12 FPGA sitting on my desk. I use an EDK generated PPC405 design as a submodule. My current task is to interface...
5
5

URGENT :problem using Ethernet MAC ip core...
hello i am using a virtex 2 pro board to implement a communication system, and want to interface it with my pc (Matlab) via rthernet. for this purpose, i have acquired a Xilinx Ethernet MAC ip core...
1
1

globals
I need some help with this one... Illegal LOC on IPAD symbol "CLK" or BUFGP symbol "CLK_BUFGP" (output signal=DONE_OBUF), IPAD-IBUFG should only be LOCed to GCLKIOB site. What does that mean ? Thanks
2
2

asic gate count
Hi, I am looking for some tool / ip that can give me approximate gate count of mapper/demapper. Any helpful hint is greatly welcome. Thanks, Vijayant
12
12

Extended burst with ADNP with CY7C1386C/CY7C1387C
Hi All, I have to develop a fast data logger in FPGA, which stores the data in CY7C1386C memory. Unfortunately, the author of the board has connected only the ADNP signal, not the ADNC signal. In the...