Standards for low votalge safety

Hi there,

A question about complaince for very low voltage devices -

The European Union introduced loads of regulations for Low voltage, but then defines this as 75V - 1000V DC.

I'm thinking of a product that runs off 4.5 - 7.5 volts, powered by a transformer or switch mode power supply. Obviously the transformer / switchmode power supply needs to be approved and meet standards.

Can some one tell me if there are electical standards relating to products running at 4.5 to 7.5 volts?

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
alexterrell

Not specifically for that voltage range, but it must meet the CE standards for safety, fire hazard ad infinitum, and if it is mains powered then the adapter has to meet the higher voltage standards as well.

Even furry toys have CE labels these days....

Peter

Peter A Forbes