Low pass filter 20kHz

I am looking for a low pass filter around 20kHz to smooth a voltage before passing it to an oscilloscope. The power requirements are nominal and the transition region is not very important, Bessel, Cheby- whatever, doesn't matter as long the general effect is to squish the high frequencies above, say, 20-30kHz.

I was hoping there would be a simple component like a feed-thru terminator I could buy off-the-shelf for around the same price (~$20) but I can't seem to find a vendor. Anyone know of one?

Reply to
spasmous2

The frequency is so low that it doesn't 'feed through' type construction.

Why not build your own ? A first order filter just needs one resistor and one capacitor.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Lost in the Wasteland

The secondary of most 12 VDC transformers will squash just about everything. Otherwise try Radio Shack. They have a selection of inductors...

-----Original Message----- From: Lost in the Wasteland [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@there.com]=20 Posted At: Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:48 PM Posted To: equipment Conversation: Low pass filter 20kHz Subject: Re: Low pass filter 20kHz

spasmous2 wrote:

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----=3D East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =3D----

Reply to
Otto, Matt