How do I upgrade a HP8753A with the 010 TDR option?

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Is it a hardware or software option?

Thanks,

Mark

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Marky

It's software to get time domain unless you also need a different CPU board with more RAM or new PROM to make it go. The software upgrade involves knowing the CPU's serial number and getting an associated magic key to enable TD with that CPU. I think 3 -> 6 GHz upgrade is the same though I'm not sure that it applies to the 53A or only the C and D.

Glenn

Marky wrote:

Reply to
Glenn

Thanks Glenn,

Anyone any ideas on where to get this software from?

Agilent just want to sell me a new one!

Reply to
Marky

What Glenn said is pretty much correct. The ONLY people that have this code are the Agilent people in Santa Rosa, CA. ....and they are not in the business of giving this stuff away.

There are people that have cracked this code, but they are very few in number. A couple of years ago, some guy was selling a service on ebay to perform the upgrades by having you send in your CPU board (this was an end run around the software). He would modify an eeprom and return it to you. He also offered instructions on how to do this yourself. He was selling these instructions for $10k when the listing suddenly vanished. I think Agilent got to him!

cv

Reply to
Caesar Valenti

Hmmm... I wasn't exactly expecting it for free! But Agilent won't even sell it!

Reply to
Marky

hmmm....I did just confirm that Agilent has no way of selling this.....that's pretty stupid....and not very agile of them.

Please email me personally. I have ways around this minor obstacle! cv

Reply to
Caesar Valenti