wireless serial Radio-Link

No there was an earlier ibncident, as I read it originally around

2001/2002, after it had concluded. That case was control failure as they specifically stated it should have had a failsafe on it.

The reason I know it was before 2003 is because a particular hardware design was finished long before April 2003, for which I was doing research at the time.

In that particular incident I do remember it being a boy.

Look for Joint Radio Control Users Committee, that is where I am sure I originally found the details. The site has changed a lot since 2001

--
Paul Carpenter		| paul@pcserv.demon.co.uk
        Main Site

Damn should not post late at night like now, after checking documents and putting wrong thing. You are right about 35MHz and not as I WRONGLY put

70MHz. Don't know what I was thinking there, so I am double checking my points and have multiple documents open at the same time to be sure this time!

IR2030 is the more detailed document by band usage titled

UK Radio Interface Requirement 2030 Short Range Devices

My copy is dated as a PDF from 5th January 2001, originally from

(Radio Communications Agency) before the recent amalgamation of the various agencies under OfCom. This is for various bands not just models and includes all sorts of telemetry band details.

Ofcom website details about all Short range device bands (helps for sorting out what might also be using part of same band or close by) is referenced in RA114:-

Helpfully this is supposed to be on the

site according to the document, but that site points you back to
:-(( They have not got all their links updated yet.

However there is a Low Power RA Archive section that contains:-

It is only about 80KB so i can email it if you want.

The relevant table (in my copy) is Table 2.20 on page 26, part of which is below:- Categories Frequencies or Radiated Channel Music or Frequency Band level Bandwidth speech permitted i 26.96 - 27.28 MHz 100 mW 10 kHz No ii 34.995 - 35.255 MHz 100 mW 10 kHz No iii 40.66 - 41.00 MHz 100 mW 10 kHz No iv 433.05 - 434.79 MHz 10 mW 25 kHz No v 458.5 - 459.5 MHz 100 mW 25 kHz No

Any duty cycle is permitted

Reference Standard EN 300 220-1

You will find the main users of 27MHz are in cheap toys usually made in China for a world markets. Also nobody uses 27MHz unless they really have to, because of the many other adjacent and conflicting devices, even CB radio. These cheap toys have BINARY control controls.

459MHz is also allowed for any model, and gives a wider channel bandwidth allowing better bit rates 4800bps becomes possible. 433Mhz is only very low power for telemetry back and reduces range for anyone wanting to do communications feedback to control system.

Paul Carpenter

Thank you, I've got it from the site.

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

In general, much less than the price of a live person with an injury.

George

--
for email reply remove "/" from address
Reply to

Exactly,

Militarily speaking, a dead person is a -1, an injured person is a -3 (the injured and 2 to take care of him). At least that's what they told me in basic training.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Thanks Paul,

I found the document. Looking at it, it seems that the 458MHz band is most suited for helicopter control. I am not very sure but it looks like as if the 458MHz band is not allowed in other european countries.

Does anyone know of a serial radio module that operates in the 27MHz or 35MHz band? (The 40MHz band is unfortunatelly only for land and water models).

Thanks, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan

Look at International frequencies and their sources of information on the site , these may help you.

This page may help you but does not list Germany, but list most countries and is the Federation Aeronautique Internationale or part of Commission International of Aero Modeling (CIAM)

For Germany this site might be useful in German only.

You are unlikely to find data modules specifically for these bands as they generally PPM or PCM where the PCM is specific to radio control by the Radio Control manufacturers. Unfortunately unles you find someone with a multi-band module that covers the 35MHz band your are going to find it difficult to find one meant for that band.

You may be able to find a radio control transmitter that can be modified to input your own data stream via suitable lowpass filter. The receiver may be more difficult.

I would check for the country you have in mind from its regulators what can be done in the 459MHz band.

433MHz band is a pan-European (possibly global) telemetry band you can use for feedback as it is telemetry.
--
Paul Carpenter		| paul@pcserv.demon.co.uk
        Main Site
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Thanks a lot. The links helped. Looks like I'm tied to either 27MHz or 35MHz band. If anyone knows of a radio module that can operate at those bands please let me know.

Cheers, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan