What technology for a Windows-based Host? (run as a service)

This is not exactly an embedded question per-se so pls excuse. Still, maybe someone can have some insight.

I am controlling two embedded boxes with ActiveX objects (MFC COM). These are supposed to be used by the Host application that contains the process logic. I would like the Host to load and run as a system service in Windows (so it starts when the PC boots up and is not dependent on use login). My question is, what technology is best for the Host? For example, I understand that it is not recommended to run VB applications as a service.

Thanks

Reply to
ElderUberGeek