STM8Lvs PIC18 code density benchmark

Hi

I have an existing platform that I've recently built on PIC18. Soon I'm starting a new project that is very price sensitive. Currently the existing platform occupies too much code memory, avoiding me to take a smaller PIC18 from among the same family. I thought if I move to STM8L, I might have this ability, since this MCU has CISC architecture vs RISC of PIC18. So, I would like to ask the people, who did some kind of code density benchmark between these 2 MCUs, to share their experiences.

Thank you in advance, E.L.

Reply to
elil

Pure code sizes do not always reflect cost/price. For example, 256K PIC24 and 128K PIC18 are similarly priced, but PIC24 codes are only

50% more than PIC18. If you want absolutely lowest price in large volume, there are other uCs. What are your requirements: code space, I/Os, pin counts and features?
Reply to
linnix