SMSC Ethernet Throughput

Hi

Does anyone have, or know where I can obtain, the continuous data throughput details for the following SMSC ethernet controllers:

LAN91C111 LAN9115 LAN9116 LAN9117 LAN9118

The reason I ask this is because I currently use the LAN91C111 and it takes approximately 28 milliseconds to transmit a 35KB image. Is this normal? What this time includes is the DMA time to load the SMSC device with the packet and then enqueue it. Packet size = 1500 bytes. I sit in a tight loop until all the packets of the image have been TX'd. The time required to DMA each packet into the SMSC is a matter of microseconds, so that is not the problem. The delay seems to be the latency between enqueuing the packets, and when the SMSC interrupts indicating that the packet has been sent.

Any details on what I should be getting would be very helpful. What I am wanting to find out is if the newer network chips: LAN9115-9118 are much faster.

Thanks for your help Ryan

Reply to
ryanspicer