RT PREEMPT

Hi,

Although Real Time Linux isn't necessarily new, most solutions use a RTOS kernel which runs the Linux kernel as a low-priority thread and having some intercommunications between it and Linux.

But when I read about the RT-PREEMPT patch I got pretty excited because it looks like it allows a vanilla Linux kernel to run Linux programs with real-time scheduling without the "programming-for-two-OS'es" paradigm. Linux video codecs can decode and display video fluently on even a low-horsepower system without dropping any frames.

Has anyone here used it already and how usefull is it?

TIA, Jim

** Posted from
**
Reply to