Quotable source for numbers of embedded vs. desktop CPUs?

FUD

Rather, that's what bad software design and implementation can do for you.

-- Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918

5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460 Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key." The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1

Reply to
Michael N. Moran

It depends on your metric. # On an installed units basis, I'd put Embedded way ahead.

# On a shipped GBytes basis, I'd put PC software way ahead. [then, where do you pigenhole cellphones ?]

# Lines of code ? - probably the PC. Well on my PC I have CAD tools, compilers, Simulators, as well as the std Editors/Browsers/Acrobat etc

# Employed Designers ? That would be an interesting comparison, but probably not easy to get data on.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville