programming Atmel 89S52 with Hilo gang-08 programmer

Hello, we use a lot of Atmel 89C52 devices which we program with a Hilo Gang08 programmer with MPU-51 heads. Atmel are about to switch the supply to 89S52 devices; according to Hilo we need MPU-51A heads to program this device, but they can't tell me what the difference is, if any, and it's going to cost us 400 UKP. Does anyone else know?

--
Tim Mitchell
Reply to

Can't see a reason for this. Certainly if you had a universal programmer - such as the Data I/O which we happen to sell :-) - you wouldn't need to change adapter.

Which package style are you using? And how many is "a lot"?

David

David Pashley