Problem encountered during Linking

Hey all,

I have been trying to migrate a Codesourcery compatible code to armcc compatible code. I have been able to compile source files (both .c and .S files) using armcc. So, I have these .o object files with me and a linker script (which was already written and is compatible with Codesourcery). I need to link all my .o object files to generate the .exe executable.

I had read few documents which suggested me to use --translate_gld with armcc. So, I used the command :-

armcc --translate_gld -static --gc-sections -no-warn-mismatch -T LINKER.lds

-o EXECUTABLE.exe file1.o file2.o

and got the following error:- Fatal error: L3900U: Unrecognized option '--linker_script'. Finished: 0 information, 0 warning, 0 error and 1 fatal error messages.

The original arm-none-eabi-ld command was :- arm-none-eabi-ld --gc-sections -no-warn-mismatch -T LINKER.lds -o EXECUTABLE.exe file1.o file2.o

I am using:- RVCT 4.0 Build 821 Processor Cortex M3 Cygwin based environment on Win XP

Please suggest me how to carry out the linking. Do I need to change the linker script? or am I missing out some command line options.

Thanks and Regards Abhinav Varma

D3M0N