PKCS #1 v2.1 implementation

[ Message originally posted to sci.crypt, trying here ]

Hello everyone,

My target is an ARMv4 platform.

The project I'm working on has the following requirement: The software must be signed using the RSASSA-PSS algorithm (as defined in PKCS #1 v2.1).

I'm looking for an easy-to-use, open-source implementation of this algorithm, written in C. (Preferably BSD-licensed or public domain)

I've been told to use PolarSSL 0.10.1 (which is BSD licensed).

I don't see much documentation. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. And I'm not sure the RSASSA-PSS algorithm is implemented in the library?

It seems this library provides crypto "building blocks" but it remains up to me to put them together? Or have I again not looked in the right places?

include/polarssl/rsa.h does #define RSA_PKCS_V21 1 but a comment also mentions "Currently (xyssl-0.8), RSA_PKCS_V21 padding is not supported."

In rsa_pkcs1_verify,

switch( ctx->padding ) { case RSA_PKCS_V15: [...] default: return( POLARSSL_ERR_RSA_INVALID_PADDING ); }

AFAICS, RSASSA-PSS is not supported out-of-the-box.

I'm looking for advice. Would you suggest a different library? Which one?

Regards.

Reply to
Boon

No, it is not.

Yes, LibTomCrypt.

Reply to
Legrandin

I'm not sure where to find the source code anymore. Which version would you recommend?

1.16 dated 2006-12-16 from
1.17 dated 2007-05-12 from

Does LTC implement RSASSA-PSS?

Is it "easy" to compile the source into ARM code?

Regards.

Reply to
Boon