[PIC] New electronic projects site (Schematics only at the moment)

Here's my list of current PIC projects on my web site

currently only the schematics are posted but I will post descriptions and source code asap.

Armadillo: (iButton Door Lock) Preview, Incomplete PIC 16F87 or 16F628A based iButton, keypad and remote controlled door lock, H-Bridge can drive 1 small motor or 2 relays, 2 wire communications option with host computer will be added.

Beetle: (Addressable Temperature Sender RS485) RS485 long range ~4000' remote temperature sender, can be fully automatic or manual, industrial grade Centigrade temperature IC and PIC

12C508, 1wire option

Cricket: (Addressable RS485 or RS232 Thermostat with IR) My most popular design, (my favourite too) PIC16F628A RS485 or RS232 multizone up to 9 using DS18S20 type Centigrade temperature ICs, single relay can control basic HVAC (see furnace option in schematic to control AC, Fan & Heat) can be expanded to 6 relays (heat-pump) using my Ladybug Automation Controller, other options include keypad, IR remote & 1wire, 8 zone LEDs plus 2 seven segment LED displays on only 8 I/O pins (Charlieplexing)

Emu: (RS485 3A H-Bridge Motor Controller) PIC 16F628A Uses a L298 H-Bridge to control 2 low voltage motors (or other small loads) 1 stepper motor or 4 relays, has 4 switch inputs, Schematic will be updated to support an IR option & iButton mode (RTCC)

Fox: (RS232 / RS485 programmable converter with a iButton reader/writer) PIC 16CE674 iButton mode can disable the RS485 port when in use (programmable) or used in a security mode.

Ladybug: (RS232 & RS485, 6 Relay & 4 input + iButton Automation Controller) PIC 16F876 or 18F2525 Multiuse controller 2 Hardware UARTs (16F876 + MAX3110E) for fast reliable serial communications 6 Relays (One with open collector option) 4 Digital / Switch inputs (One can be used with 10bit ADC (0-15V) 1 iButton / 1wire port Software Real time clock / calendar with 24hr Supercap backup Can be used standalone or paired with a Cricket Thermostat to provide 6 extra HVAC relays.. with ICD2 port option. Looking into TW-523 X10 control using INPUTS 2,3,4

Owl: (5 Zone Security System) PIC 12F629 uses 1wire DS2401 serial numbers (Very Secure compared to resistor based alarm systems) was designed to show what can be done with an 8 pin microcontroller.

Snake: (Dual Dice) PIC 12C508 very simple to build, nice beginners project.

Yetti: (RS485 HiPower 30A Relay & 1 switch) PIC 12C508 The address is hard coded in to PIC. Good for controlling a sprinker system, Open Collector option.

Zebra: (RS485 Clock) PIC 16F628 Six digit clock with RS485, IR & Relay, again the display is Charlieplexed to keep the parts count way down.

Looking for options and comments. (any help in PCB design & code snippits would me most welcome)

Reply to
William at MyBlueRoom

It's wonderful. No words to appreciate your work. Did you use ORCAD for the capture design?

Reply to
Chans

Thank you for the wonderful, and yes it's OrCAD. New content goes up daily, it's a fair amout of work just setting up the site. Source code is next when the schematics have passed all the usenet scrutiny.

Bill

William at MyBlueRoom

William, I wish I could drive multiplexed LEDs the way you do!!!

I think you need to do more research for the Zebra Clock and the Cricket Thermostat display interface... Hint- You'll need separate digit and segment port bits... But good to see that someone's putting stuff out there!

~Tim

Reply to
Tim

What's wrong with it?

It is an unusual way of doing the multiplexing I agree but very economical on control lines - it uses the ability of the port to drive low, high or be open.

Maxim has an app note about this approach

kevin

Reply to
kevinjwhite

It's not my invention. It's called charlieplexing, you do need bit settable tristate ports.

Reply to
William at MyBlueRoom

William,

My Apologies! With my quick first look, things looked very strange! I've never seen that done before. It's actually a pretty cool way to save ports. I'd expect that the code is a little less straight forward tho... I'll have to give it a try. (you can learn something new all the time... if you take the time)

~Tim

Reply to
Tim