New STR750 ARM7 Family from STMicroelectronics has LOTS of Flash & Peripherals

Up to 256MBytes Flash and more coming, lots of peripherals, and runs out of the internal Flash at 60MHz.

With everything turned the max run current is 90mA @ 60MHz - that comes to

1.5mA/MHz.

Regards,

Bill Giovino Executive Editor

Bill Giovino

the internal

Are you sure you don't mean 256KBytes of flash?

1.5mA/MHz.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

I have FreeRTOS.org running on this. The dev kit is really nice - LCD, voice record/playback, CAN, USB, etc.

Regards, Richard.

    for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051, PIC24 & dsPIC
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

the internal

Oops, me bad - I fixed it.

Bill Giovino Executive Editor

Bill Giovino

of the

Perhaps 'Executive Editor' needs to hire a junior proofreader! ;-) You certainly won't be able to rely on the editors or proofreaders in the marketing department to catch errors like that! OTOH, is anyone who knows enough to catch slips like that going to be content to work as a proofreader??

Ohhh, ohhh, I've got it----you don't need a proofreader---just post everything to comp.arch.embedded a week before you send it to the webmaster or printer. Some nut who's pissed off because he ran out of Pepsi in the middle of the day will point out every typo and technical error within a day or so! ;-)

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

the internal

1.5mA/MHz.

An interesting article comparing the new STR750 to the NXP LPC2300.

Probably the most interesting part, the 64k Flash / 16k SRAM STR755FR0 with USB and CAN sells for 39 cents less than the 128k Flash / 32k SRAM with USB, 2x CAN and Ethernet NXP LPC2364.

May be it is just me that thinks the 39 cents are a very good investment for double the memory, more I/O, 20% faster and Ethernet on top of it.

An Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA