Making a function safe for use in an ISR

... snip ...

Then you should know better. I suspect you are largely ignored.

All of which can hold values between 32767 and -32767 as he said.

unsigned ints are not ints. They are a different type and follow different rules, such as the use of modulo arithmetic. Which doesn't affect the statement about ints.

Then it isn't a C compiler, by definition. It may still be useful. The point of a standard is to allow confidence that source code will work on any system that is standards compliant. Use of extensions should be limited to clearly identified modules.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

This sort of stupidity is prevalent on comp.lang.c but thankfully not on the standards panels. I am surprised to see in an embedded NG.

By your definition there are only 6 C compilers and non of them in the embedded area.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills