Lorax Proseed

The proSeed, the first microcontroller product from the Lorax Works controllers family, with 128Kb of EEPROM, 128Kb of RAM, and a 70Mhz SX microprocessor in a 24pin DIP package, presents an unheard potential for applications requiring large on-board memory.

Interesting platform if a little expensive.

I assume they used a dataflash for the 128Kb but I wonder what they are using for 128Kb of RAM. Any one have any idea? I thought that much ram for an embedded design would be expensive.

Reply to
KenLem

Since the news release is dated October '05, and the part is still "coming soon", and the download area is empty, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Please note, you wrote 128 "Kb", which implies "kiloBITS", but the web site indicates "KB", which implies kiloBYTES...

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

You're right! 128KB flash and 128KB RAM. No wonder it's $89.

Other failed Stamp killer...

Reply to
KenLem